Camping in Mayow Park?

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
KPR

Camping in Mayow Park?

Post by KPR »

Anyone know whose tent it is, pitched next to the tennis courts? Has been there for a couple of days at least.

Slightly concerned that someone is so desperate as to camp in the park, but also assuming that if someone was doing this they would be moved on?
Jollylolly

Re: Camping in Mayow Park?

Post by Jollylolly »

I saw some people this time last year - wonder if it’s the same people. The people last year weren’t doing it for fun they were either homeless or travellers.
Sydenham

Post by Sydenham »

I've always wondered about where one "moves people on to" if they don't have a permanent base or aren't part of a travelling community.

In the past it might not have mattered that much (out of site out of mind) but these days that is not in style. I'm thinking about how these days society demands that things are exposed. Such as child abuse, domestic violence, bigotry, discrimination, bullying etc.

I also thought homeless under coronavirus regulations were taken into hotels so that might be the solution here
KPR

Post by KPR »

Yes, I wasn’t hoping they would simply be booted out - was posting it here in the hope that the Councillors who look at this would see it (but sort of assuming that the people who maintain the Park would report it upwards anyway). It clearly isn’t appropriate for people to camp in a park - especially in the current situation - but neither should they be in a shop doorway, etc.