New Bistro in Perry Village’s Foodie Quarter

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

New Bistro in Perry Village’s Foodie Quarter

Post by JGD »

Have taken our first opportunity to have a long liquid lunch in the nascent Foodie Quarter of Perry Village.

Hottest day of the year and the first break the BH has had since lockdown.

The Forest Cafe and Bistro, near the Old Fire Station on Perry Vale, has a delicate balanced and extensive menu suited for all times of the day.

Surprised to find a selection of chilled beers on offer with plans to develop a wine list.

Sober enough to post - sufficiently happy to say it is all good.
Robin Orton

Re: New Bistro in Perry Village’s Foodie Quarter

Post by Robin Orton »

'Perry Village'? 'Foodie quarter'? OMG. Whose estate agent's pay are you in, JGD?
angela53

Post by angela53 »

Ha ha ha
That`s what I was thinking
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Post by JGD »

I know and trust a fellow poster who lives there and who has reliably informed me that this is its new moniker.

He has used the terms in earlier posts - so I am only following the trend.

Trust me - no payment or commission involved from estate agents or others.

And I don't bet normally - but would you wager against these terms appearing in some estate agent's narrative soon ?
ThorNogson

Post by ThorNogson »

Perry Village- our marketing team position it as ‘Perry Village, we’re partly on the Rise’. But it won’t look so funny when the fire station is a gym with exclusive roof top pool terrace and the William Hill a trendy wine and gin bar.
ThorNogson

Post by ThorNogson »

Earlier in the planning process, the proposed slogan ‘Perry Village- we’re taking the Rise’ was rejected after a knife edge vote at committee.
monkeyarms

Post by monkeyarms »

Shouldn't it be Perry Vale Village anyway? I mean I know that's not so snappy as estateagentspeak goes, but the fact is it's not an area called 'Perry', it's an area called 'Perry Vale'.
JGD

Post by JGD »

Vale, Rise, Hill and Streete all have the name Perry associated with them.

Not to forget the nearby Pearfield.

All rooted in the history of the pear orchards in the area.

So Perry Village is a balanced and all-embracing nomenclature for the wider commune.

I might agree that Foodie Quarter still has someway to travel before that becomes the actualite.

But at risk of becoming repetitive, a rooftop bar and restaurant on the old Fire Station is a splendid aspiration.

Oh why shouldn't we have the opportunity to enjoy the vistas that surround us as we dine or imbibe?