18m telecom pole outside of tennis club gate!!

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Phoebe@Sydenham

18m telecom pole outside of tennis club gate!!

Post by Phoebe@Sydenham »

Here is link to the council’s planning webpage about the proposed 18-meter telecom monopole on the pedestrian way of Springfield Road, just outside of the gate of the Sydenham tennis club gate :cry:

https://searchapplications.bromley.gov. ... NC4BTFHK00

The consultation window is running only till 2nd Sep. I am a resident nearby but only recently got the letter from the council (also, strangely some of my neighbours didn’t even get the notification letter but surely anyone living in Holly Court or along Springfield road will see the giant pole from their windows :mrgreen:

For reference, 18-meter is about 6 storey high. None of the building in the area is that high!
JRW

Re: 18m telecom pole outside of tennis club gate!!

Post by JRW »

Don't panic! All is not lost. On 17th August, Bromley Council refused permission for another mast, this time in Newlands Park. In fact, that refusal is probably why they are coming your way.

Have a look at the thread, and look at Bromley’s planning website to see what people said to convince them.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20404

Bromley Council’s stated reasons for refusing the Newlands park application are that:
1 The proposal, by reason of the height, design and siting of the mast, would have a detrimental
impact on the visual amenities of the street scene and the character of the area, appearing
over-prominent and visually intrusive, thereby contrary to Policies 37 and 89 of the Bromley
Local Plan.

Note the buzzwords, and focus on these points. Also, the successful campaign used excellent use of social media to spread the word. No time to lose....
Phoebe@Sydenham

JRW wrote: 22 Aug 2020 23:47 Don't panic! All is not lost. On 17th August, Bromley Council refused permission for another mast, this time in Newlands Park. In fact, that refusal is probably why they are coming your way.

Have a look at the thread, and look at Bromley’s planning website to see what people said to convince them.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20404

Bromley Council’s stated reasons for refusing the Newlands park application are that:
1 The proposal, by reason of the height, design and siting of the mast, would have a detrimental
impact on the visual amenities of the street scene and the character of the area, appearing
over-prominent and visually intrusive, thereby contrary to Policies 37 and 89 of the Bromley
Local Plan.

Note the buzzwords, and focus on these points. Also, the successful campaign used excellent use of social media to spread the word. No time to lose....
Thanks a lot JRW!
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Post by JGD »

As with the other application Huawei kit is present in the specifications contained in the submission's Equipment Schedule.

At least one of the recorded objections refers to NOT granting permission for the installation to proceed if it is to be dismantled and re-installed with non-Huawei kit some time in the near-future.
JGD wrote: 22 Jul 2020 20:54 An update following a little more detailed scrutiny of the submitted drawings and Equipment Schedules from Hutchison 3G UK Limited.

it would appear that at least some of the proposed and specified equipment is undoubtedly supplied by Huawei.

The antennae specifications are unambiguously Huawei as are some of equipment enclosures specific for their kit.

I have NOT cross checked every thing that is scheduled but if you feel you want to examine the technical issues in more detail, visit YouTube and search for the phrase "Three UK London 5G".
JGD wrote: 21 Jul 2020 08:31 The new rules require that Huawei kit must be removed within the next few years. So we don't really know what components are being commissioned in installations now.
It might therefore seem my first commentary was a little more prescient than I knew at the time.

It cannot be forecast at this time whether the proposed installation will proceed with the current specification of Huawei kit included and if it does, will it require alteration in the near future to conform to HMG's fresh missive that Huawei kit cannot form part of the core network - whatever that phrase actually means.
Phoebe@Sydenham

JGD wrote: 23 Aug 2020 10:48 As with the other application Huawei kit is present in the specifications contained in the submission's Equipment Schedule.

At least one of the recorded objections refers to NOT granting permission for the installation to proceed if it is to be dismantled and re-installed with non-Huawei kit some time in the near-future.
JGD wrote: 22 Jul 2020 20:54 An update following a little more detailed scrutiny of the submitted drawings and Equipment Schedules from Hutchison 3G UK Limited.

it would appear that at least some of the proposed and specified equipment is undoubtedly supplied by Huawei.

The antennae specifications are unambiguously Huawei as are some of equipment enclosures specific for their kit.

I have NOT cross checked every thing that is scheduled but if you feel you want to examine the technical issues in more detail, visit YouTube and search for the phrase "Three UK London 5G".
JGD wrote: 21 Jul 2020 08:31 The new rules require that Huawei kit must be removed within the next few years. So we don't really know what components are being commissioned in installations now.
It might therefore seem my first commentary was a little more prescient than I knew at the time.

It cannot be forecast at this time whether the proposed installation will proceed with the current specification of Huawei kit included and if it does, will it require alteration in the near future to conform to HMG's fresh missive that Huawei kit cannot form part of the core network - whatever that phrase actually means.

That’s a very good point. I couldn’t find the word “Huawei” explicitly in the equipment schedule, though. Would you mind pointing me direction?
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Post by JGD »

Phoebe@Sydenham wrote: 23 Aug 2020 17:01 That’s a very good point. I couldn’t find the word “Huawei” explicitly in the equipment schedule, though. Would you mind pointing me direction?
Take the code references from the Schedule of Equipment documents and drawings and do a web-search.

The antennae and other kit reference results will almost all be Huawei.

Trust that helps.
Phoebe@Sydenham

Thanks a lot!!

BTW, for those who visits tennis club, you can also post objection on council website to help objecting this 5G mast! just need to leave your name and address (and make it clear you are regular visitors to tennis club). Thx!
Clovers

Post by Clovers »

JGD wrote: 23 Aug 2020 20:59
Phoebe@Sydenham wrote: 23 Aug 2020 17:01 That’s a very good point. I couldn’t find the word “Huawei” explicitly in the equipment schedule, though. Would you mind pointing me direction?
Take the code references from the Schedule of Equipment documents and drawings and do a web-search.

The antennae and other kit reference results will almost all be Huawei.

Trust that helps.
I think 3 have had to remove all Huawei kit now due to changes in laws. So if the plan states this it should be 3’s own kit or another approved supplier.
two

Post by two »

It seems they want to put this by the petrol station in kirkdale now!!