Rubbish on sydenham high st

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Formernortherner

Rubbish on sydenham high st

Post by Formernortherner »

Hi all,

I recently moved to sydenham and am enjoying the area generally!

One minor bugbear of mine is that there constantly seems to be a lot of bags of rubbish on sydenham high street

I dont seem to notice this in crystal palace or forest hill. Anyone know why this is?

Thanks

Matt
mosy

Re: Rubbish on sydenham high st

Post by mosy »

Hi Formernortherner and welcome :)

What you might be noticing are the bags put out for collection at specific times (e.g. around 6pm) by high street (Sydenham Road) shops. They don't have back ways so their rubbish has to be put out front for collection. There might be rogue bags of course, but legitimate bags put out when due are usually there only briefly at specific collection times.

If that's not what you're noticing, do you see a particular where or when?
syd

Re: Rubbish on sydenham high st

Post by syd »

Formernortherner wrote: 12 Sep 2020 10:23 Hi all,

I recently moved to sydenham and am enjoying the area generally!

One minor bugbear of mine is that there constantly seems to be a lot of bags of rubbish on sydenham high street

I dont seem to notice this in crystal palace or forest hill. Anyone know why this is?

Thanks

Matt
Hi Matt, its normalised here and there will be many defenders who will try to put you off complaining to the council. I use fix my street regularly and the council usually respond quickly. But I've been trying to get sydenham tryes to remove the large unsecured stack of tyres they leave on the street, the council do nothing but I get letters if my bins get left out when I'm away.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19684&hilit=Tyres