New Admin for SE23.life & SE26.life

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
stuart

New Admin for SE23.life & SE26.life

Post by stuart »

Chris Beach posted this in the early hours:
After four years running SE23.life and SE26.life , the time has come for me to pass these sites on to a new owner. Running them has given me huge satisfaction, but now I have left London I feel the sites would benefit from the insight and personal connections of an admin that lives locally.

I’ve discussed potential handover to two very capable potential future admins and after long consideration I have chosen to pass the site to @ForestHull.

@ForestHull has been a key member of the moderator team through the forum’s most challenging times and is, without doubt , SE23.life’s biggest advocate. As a moderator he’s been unflappable in resolving disputes on the site, and restrained in his dealings with provocative users. He is a careful, data-oriented decision-maker. He shares my technical interest in the innovative things we’ve done on the forums. Those of you who have met him at our meet-ups will know him for his sense of humour and warmness. He’s a natural choice of successor, in that he’ll continue the good that I did for the forums and will not repeat the mistakes I made.

So, now begins the process of handover. Over the next few days (maybe weeks) I will work with @ForestHull to document the technical steps required for a completely seamless transition. We don’t anticipate any major changes as a result of the handover, but we’ll keep you all appraised.

I am pleased to have found a capable and safe pair of hands to pass my sites into, and thankful to @ForestHull for his commitment to keeping this wonderful community online.
https://se23.life/t/life-after-dot-life/15700
May i be the first to welcome ForestHull to his new role. Chris created a great forum with great ambitions. It will be great if ForestHull can re-adopt those, focus on the future and help heal the divisions that have arisen over the last couple of years. If so, he will find a friend here.

Stuart
admin
Site Admin

Re: New Admin for SE23.life & SE26.life

Post by admin »

I would like to endorse Stuart's comments (especially the last paragraph) wholeheartedly.
Admin
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

This could be good.
Pally

Post by Pally »

Sounds like a good forward looking move