Continual parking on double yellow lines junction Peak Hill Gardens and Spring Hill

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
gillyjp

Continual parking on double yellow lines junction Peak Hill Gardens and Spring Hill

Post by gillyjp »

The continued parking on double yellow lines on the corner of PHG and Spring Hill is insane. It is not being policed or monitored and is particularly noticeable at the weekend, when multiple Nandos customers descend on the area in their cars for their weekend treat. They know the parking isn't monitored on a Sunday so just stick their cars on the end of Peak Hill Gardens often jutting out onto Spring Hill. Thus making it highly difficult for residents to access their road. I witnessed two such cars parked like that for over an hour yesterday and not a thought for anyone else trying to get round them. Cant be bothered to find a viable parking space because some are just too lazy to walk a few metres to get their Nandos fill.

I've tried reporting it to the local police community team but currently there are no contact details.

I have photos I took yesterday but not sure anyone in authority (whoever that might be!) would be interested let alone do anything about it.

What can be done before there is a serious accident? Any ideas anyone?