Out of control kids in Fairlawn Park

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

"taking things into one's own hands" doesn't necessarily mean wading in in a confrontational manner..... (although I am still astonished that people are scared of telling off children)

Hence my advice earlier on in the thread was to keep a diary, take pictures and get neighbours on board. I always maintained that people should keep themselves safe. However, that is still "getting invoved"

That said, if people aren't challenging criminal and anti-social behaviour in public then we are allowing these horrible people to win. I wouldn't say I was naive - I've come across my share of criminals - but I may be idealisitic. But if we don't take risks and stand up for what is right - even over the small things - then our society is dead.

Yes, there are other agencies - i used the police as an example as they seemed to be the most obvious choice, and some of this seems to be a police matter - but I would wager that the other organiseations as stretched and, in some instances, hamstrung.
natbeuk

Post by natbeuk »

So ultimately, I think we are on the same page, but I am a lot more cautious about how to "stand up for what is right". Nobody wants to see these people win, however having seen one of my closest friends struggle to regain his confidence and coordination after being beaten to within an inch of his life... well, it makes you reassess and understand the importance of picking your battles.

Anyway. This thread was about Fairlawn Park. The topic of the decay of society is much too big for this forum!!!
GLOBAL THINKER

Post by GLOBAL THINKER »

To all residents of Fairlawn Park.

Due to concerns from residents regarding antisocial behaviour, a representative from Hyde Housing, Lewisham ASB Team and Sydenham SNT will be attending the RA meeting on Saturday 19th July at 11 am.

Residents will also have the opportunity to voice their concerns to the reps during individual sessions.

This is a chance for all residents to put their views forward and see for themselves how Lewisham, Hyde and SNT are dealing with this issue.
GillM

Post by GillM »

Good stuff! I will be there.
I am sure this can all be sorted out if we get Hyde etc on the case. Fairlawn has always been a lovely road to live in and its just a small element of kids causing the problems and they are not all residents.
floom

Post by floom »

This is a chance for all residents to put their views forward and see for themselves how Lewisham, Hyde and SNT are dealing with this issue.
Another bleeding talking shop.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

See you there.

Cheers

Lee

'no negativity here'.
egg&chips

Post by egg&chips »

I have been a resident of Fairlawn Park for about 11 years now. About 7 years ago the rot started to set in. Several families were moved in who have no idea how to live as reasonable human beings or how to parent their kids.
I have witnessed domestic violence and drunken rowdy behaviour at all times of the night and cant count how many times i have gone to work shattered in the morning.
The problem is that all the neglected unparented kids are now in their teens and have become just as odious or worse than their parents.
Anyway i have had enough and in recent months have been challenging their behaviour strongly, as well as this i am working closely with Hyde housing, i keep diaries of any antisocial behaviour and submit these regularly.
I believe hyde housing are in the process of dishing out final warnings etc and perhaps ASBOS may be served. Hyde have also made it clear that should the behaviour continue after that then eviction notices will be served.
There are now several people who are prepared to stand up and confront these people, perhaps if we all exchanged numbers and stuck together we could rid ourselves of this nuisance.
biscuit

Good stuff

Post by biscuit »

Does anybody have Barry Tucker's (Hyde Housing) office number? It'll be useful to alert him to all the shenanigans that go on in Fairlawn park each and every time there's an incident - it all helps to assist Hyde Housing form a log of evidence relating to anti social behaviour in FP. It's important to remember that FP is a LOVELY looped road with the most charming Victorian houses (here I go again) with mostly FABULOUS caring neighbours. This website has just proven that - why else would we bother to share our concerns and possible solutions? It's a shame that there's a tiny minority of residents who have lost control of their kids who cause misery (it's argued that the parents never had a clue to parenting and supervising kids to begin with). It's these kids who have been failed by their parents, I say. I must say it's been pleasant (how it should be) more recently.