Poo it forward

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
castiron73

Poo it forward

Post by castiron73 »

Anyone seen the Haley Joel Osment film about doing some kindness for a stranger, and then they do one for someone else and so on? No, me neither.

But it gave me an idea while taking my dog for a walk the other day. I was scooping its poop with a bag when I realised he'd gone right next to a pile that had been left by an irresponsible owner. So I picked it up at the same time.

It occured to me it would be quite easy to do this as he often goes near another dog's unwanted calling card. And if every nice dog owner did it we might clear the parks and footpaths of Sydenham and reclaim the good name of dog ownership.

It's not too disgusting. Far nicer than clearing the endless amounts of cat poo that are deposited in my front garden.
scott.l.hamilton

Post by scott.l.hamilton »

I agree! I generally take extra bags with me when going to the park with my dog and doing a "collection" as I walk. Not only does it feel like a good deed, but it also ensures my children do not step in "it". I also tend to pick up the litter along the path as I walk.

any little bit helps...