Election thank you and a request

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Alex Feakes

Election thank you and a request

Post by Alex Feakes »

Hi

I would like to thank everyone who voted in the General Election last Thursday, especially those who backed the Liberal Democrats. Thank you also to the Sydenham Town Forum for hosting the on-line hustings, and to all those who posted on them.

If anyone would like to contact me to follow up on the election or to find out more about the Lib Dems, please Private Message (PM) me.

Lastly, I have a request which may be of relevance to all the parties. Each candidate in a General Election can have an 'election address' delivered to each elector free of charge by Royal Mail. However, many people seem not to have received this material from some of the candidates in time for the election despite the RM having it some weeks before.

We're taking this issue up with RM, but I would be grateful if anyone here who didn't receive a leaflet or letter labelled 'election communication' from one of the candidates, or received it too late, were to email me with details or post here.

Many thanks again.

Alex Feakes
Liberal Democrat candidate
Weeble

Post by Weeble »

Regarding the Election address:

I definitely received one of these from Labour/Jim Dowd. I received something from the Conservative candidate - although I can't recall now if this was just a door drop. However, I'm fairly certain I never received anything from the Lib Dems, or any of the other candidates.
stuart

Post by stuart »

Alex,

Received lots of stuff from Labour, plus one each from Conservative & UKIP. No Green or LibDem. I'm in Lawrie Park.