MR NIGEL QUEVA

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
leenewham

MR NIGEL QUEVA

Post by leenewham »

Please PM me, I have some good news for you.
DaveT

Post by DaveT »

why..

are you the lawyer acting for a deposed oil baron with $10,003,456 to get out of the country and need some help from a respectable individual for a 30% cut?

just send your bank details and power of attorney to ..

PO box 419
lambchops

Post by lambchops »

hahhah quality!
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

I found his wallet. It's been handed into the police. It was left in the high street opposite the two halfs.
natbeuk

Post by natbeuk »

Nice to know that there are still some honest people left in the world!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

IMHO most people are honest. The problem is in a crowded city or busy internet you are more likely to meet one who is not.

I tend to pocket change found on the street but folding money gets put into the next charity box I pass ...

Admin
catscratch

Post by catscratch »

Please tell which streets you walk down in order to pick up folding money? :wink:
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Lawrie Park Road was a good hunting ground until Thames Water/British Gas attacked. People emptying their wallets for the 176/197?

Admin
mosy

Post by mosy »

admin wrote:IMHO most people are honest. The problem is in a crowded city or busy internet you are more likely to meet one who is not.

I tend to pocket change found on the street but folding money gets put into the next charity box I pass ...

Admin
I picked up a penny and said to the guy "Hey! You just dropped this." His reply? "Oh, I just throw them away."

Before, if I'd seen a penny on the pavement, I'd assume it was one of those glued down, said trick being around from the mini-skirt era before wolf whistles were banned ;)
nork1
Location: Banned myself - can't be bothered with the Greg/Ulysses show anymore

Post by nork1 »

mmmm... quavers.
catscratch

Post by catscratch »

Its been going on for years this throwing away of small change; is it because money is, for people of a certain age group far too easy to come by? or is it because of our debased coinage?
When I was a kid, well up to 1946, all silver coins were 50% silver, now our Copper coins are so worthless, that they are worth more as copper scrap [put a magnet into your small change, its all just washers]
I`m a picker upper, There was a bloke I knew walked his dog around Alexandra Park, paid for his dogs inoculation with the pennies etc he picked up on his daily walk.
Some years back there was a guy, on the dole, who would walk up tothe west end, and pick up small change to the tune of £10 a day, no small amount back then, he had sussed where it got dropped or thrown by tourists.
I have seen kids chucking the copper coins away on coming out of sweet shops.
I wonder if chucking coins is littering?
mummycat

Post by mummycat »

I'm also a picker-upper. My Granny used to say one day that penny might save your life - image being 1p short of a bus fare home. (Before Oystercards, obviously....)

A relative of ours came over to England for a work placement for a year. He found a £50 note in Canterbury on New Year's Day, then the following day a £10 in Wimbledon!