Signs of life in Sydenham and Forest Hill?

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
bigbadwolf

Post by bigbadwolf »

I've read it and think it's very good. If you want a copy Forest hill library has got stacks of them. I didn't see any mention of Sydenham town forum or se23.com. Do they accept articles written by amateurs?
Barty

Post by Barty »

I think there might be a copy under the pile of takeaway leaflets, flyers and assorted rubbish that lives in the communal entrance to our flat!!!!!
The Scorpion

Post by The Scorpion »

Never received it here :(
Maybe it's because I live on a Council Estate?
(We DO get about 10 Pizza/other take away menus through our door though, weekly, but contrary to belief, we don't all live on that kind of food, daily :P)
We seem to get forgotten and not get good service for many things (ie parcels left outside the front door with no knock given, no NewsShopper, the other Local Papers/Magazines, that seem to be aimed at only the house homeowners, rather than flat owners/residents)
Shouldn't all borough/local publications get delivered to ALL tenants and residents within that Borough?

I (and I am sure, many others) am very interested in all local news and announcements etc. but, if it were not for the local Forums and Blogs, online, that I am aware of and use, I doubt I would get to know many things regarding my local area.

Kind of makes you feel like you live in a No-Go zone, even if you don't deserve it (as some/many here don't)
We ARE residents too

:-|
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

Scorpion:

I believe Council officers are in fact looking at this thread as a way of checking up where these are getting distributed, so if you could say which estate you are on it might help.
natbeuk

Post by natbeuk »

If this forum is any indication, it doesn't seem to be getting distributed anywhere!!
mummycat

Post by mummycat »

I've just rung up to report a non-delivery and spoke to a friendly Scottish lady. She sounded very concerned as they are meant to be delivered by the same people who deliver Lewisham Life. I mentioned that I hadn't seen LL since the first week of November.

A copy of both are in the post today!

It seems strange that Silverdale had their copies, but not the Thorpes. Did everyone get a copy on Silverdale, Tim?