Signs of life in Sydenham and Forest Hill?

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Tim Lund

Signs of life in Sydenham and Forest Hill?

Post by Tim Lund »

Just as a matter of interest, how many people have registered the glossy Council production - "Sydenham and Forest Hill Life" - http://www.lewisham.gov.uk/CommunityAnd ... llLife.htm - and if so how? Picked up from libraries, delivered door to door?
natbeuk

Post by natbeuk »

Personally, I've never seen it.
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

Your not the only one. I only heard about it because a council officer mentioned it to me
boon

Re: Signs of life in Sydenham and Forest Hill?

Post by boon »

I've never even heard of it. Do we have to sign up to receive it, or is it meant to be freely distributed to all Sydenham and Forest Hill residents?
mummycat

Post by mummycat »

Yes we received both, but why isn't there an Autumn & Winter issue? Was it not successful? From what I remember it was printed on heavy weight quality paper, so must have cost the council a fair amount.

Why not have 2 issues of Lewisham Life instead? Maybe Lewisham West & Lewisham East to match up with MP's constituencies. I'm not really concerned with issues in Deptford or Blackheath...

I'm glad Boris scrapped The Londoner - what a waste of resources!
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Nope, nothing, nada, didily squat, sweet FA, sod all, non, zero...
However having downloaded it as a pdf, it's quite informative, easy to read etc.
Pat Trembath

Post by Pat Trembath »

Not received in Longton Grove, either.
Juwlz

Post by Juwlz »

It looks familiar. I'm pretty sure we did get it posted through the door. It was months ago though.
Chris Best

Post by Chris Best »

Just to let everyone know that a third edition will be out before Christmas. From the draft I have seen there is a survey on the back page asking for your views. The aim of the locality newsletter is to periodically promote the high street - something to be welcomed in the current economic climate?
Lewisham Council

Post by Lewisham Council »

Just to let you know that the next edition of Sydenham and Forest Hill Life is due for distribution tomorrow. Please could you contact Will Bouquet on 020 8314 9985 to report any problems with distribution so that we can rectify the situation. We also welcome any feedback you may have.
Helen Hilton
natbeuk

Post by natbeuk »

Where is this meant to be distributed/available?
I could report that I don't receive it but I don't know if that's a problem, or if I'm actually not supposed to receive it!!
Lewisham Council

Post by Lewisham Council »

The issue should be distributed to the whole of Sydenham, Forest Hill and Perry Vale wards.

If you are unsure what ward you are in you can check on this page:
http://www.lewisham.gov.uk/CouncilAndDe ... uncillors/

It is also available on the website at:
http://www.lewisham.gov.uk/CommunityAnd ... llLife.htm

Thanks
Helen Hilton
Pat Trembath

Post by Pat Trembath »

Living in Longton Grove I have to report non-receipt of the third edition. I picked up a copy from the Library a couple of weeks ago as I rather anticipated this would be the case as the first and second editions were not delivered either.

Can we go back to the original question posed by Tim Lund - how many people are actually receiving a delivered copy of this third edition of Forest Hill and Sydenham Life?
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Living in Dacres Rd I have not received either Pat.
boon

Post by boon »

Nor I, living on the Lewisham side of Border Rd.
lambchops

Post by lambchops »

off kirkdale....never seen it.
mummycat

Post by mummycat »

Neither in the Thorpes.
Nickerbockers

Post by Nickerbockers »

boon wrote:Nor I, living on the Lewisham side of Border Rd.
Off subject I know, but you're so lucky living in Border Road. I miss it there! What end do you live? :(
Pat Trembath

Post by Pat Trembath »

Nickerbockers - sorry, you are off subject - why dont you pm boon?

Back to the subject:

I have reported the non-delivery in my road to Will Bouquet on 8314 9985 as requested in Lewisham's earlier posting.

Will is checking this thread and asks that folk contact him directly with their actual addresses so that he can monitor the bigger picture.
Steve Grindlay

Post by Steve Grindlay »

Our copy was delivered to Thorpewood Avenue a couple of days ago. We also received the first two issues.