High Street opposide Somerfields?

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
lbere

High Street opposide Somerfields?

Post by lbere »

Hi, anyone know what has happened? All police taped off.
southernmoose

?

Post by southernmoose »

There were lots of police and one ambulance on the scene when I arrived home at around 5.30pm. Then the flying doctors arrived via helicopter but think that they left empty handed. Looked like something had happened in one of the local shops. Anyone else got the full story?
goonerchamp

Post by goonerchamp »

I was home today and over look the main road - from what I saw about 2pm a group of youths were arguing outside somerfield looked like a rather nasty confrontation - at least two had their hand in a pocket from what looked like to indicate they had something nasty in that pocket !!!!!

then around 5pm there were lots of sirens and I looked out of the window - when I finally saw someone being carried to the ambulance - was one of the youths from earlier bloodied up ! - possible stabbing?

I don't know but I was concerned about the earlier altercation so would not be surprised

I was also concerned at the speed and angle with which the air ambulance was approaching - wondered if they planned on landing in my living room !

btw this area is still cordoned off now 21:20
southernmoose

Blimey

Post by southernmoose »

Thanks for the update Goonerchamp. My partner said he saw a group of young people on his way home around 4.30pm and that he got a bad vibe from them. Sad isn't it.

I hadn't even realised that the police cordon was still there. Guess if the lad that got hurt was badly injured and doesn't make it, it will become a crime scene...
TimA

Post by TimA »

goonerchamp

Post by goonerchamp »

I also took some photos from my window - best shots are of the helicopter doing its thing !!! - might see if I can post them later - anyone know how videos can be posted too?
choochoodriver

Post by choochoodriver »

Yet another church going youth loved by everyone and never in any trouble yet alone in any gang, mistaken identity whilst on a shopping trip for his nan. Oh well
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

100% agree.
Why are not police given powers to search all youths and if found win gun or knife must be interned.
Why do we pussy foot around.
yummymummy

Post by yummymummy »

My husband witnessed this incident. The boy who was stabbed was being mugged but wouldn't give them his stuff so they stabbed him and ran off! really scary that this happens in broad daylight on a busy high street! Our thoughts are with the boy who was stabbed, hoping he is OK.
southernmoose

Sorry to hear that

Post by southernmoose »

My thoughts are with the lad too.

I think choochoodriver and eagle are out of line. The fact is that most young people are victims of crime - not the perpetrators of it.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Very true not sure I would want to be young now adays however there are all to many young persons carrying knives and guns with the police often scared to search them
I would never object if Police asked to search me for weapons.