Southern Leisure ticket offer TODAY ONLY ONLINE

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Barty

Southern Leisure ticket offer TODAY ONLY ONLINE

Post by Barty »

"On Friday 10 July, Green Britain Day, Southern will be offering a wide range of Southern Advance single tickets at a staggering 90% discount, compared to the normal 40% currently available when tickets are booked online in advance of travel. This means that some tickets to London can be bought for as little as 50p! Tickets can be bought on-line on the day only for travel up to three months ahead."

http://www.southernrailway.com/main.php?page_id=707
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Well, it certainly seems a good deal. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any cheapo advance tickets to Portsmouth - are there only a very limited number of advance tickets for sale?
leaf

Post by leaf »

couldnt find anything cheap??!!

£34 was the cheapest...what am i doing wrong??
goonerchamp

Post by goonerchamp »

im getting a flight into Gatwick next week and managed to find a ticket back the SE26 for 75p !!! - Nice work BARTY :wink:
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Great tip Barty. Booked two returns to Chichester for a total of £2!!!!

The system seems to be as fiddly as finding a Ryanair bargain. Remember you need to search for advance singles!

Admin
pocketpip

Post by pocketpip »

Brilliant, just got 2 returns to Brighton for £4 all inclusive! thanks for the tip!
leaf

Post by leaf »

pocketpip wrote:Brilliant, just got 2 returns to Brighton for £4 all inclusive! thanks for the tip!
How??!! thats what i was trying to get...why am i getting it wrong? :cry:
parker

Post by parker »

Thanks Barty for telling us this, ive just saved 10's of £'s because of this, have got return tickets to brighton for as little as 70p! :D
Weeble

Post by Weeble »

Just wanted to add a belated thanks to Barty.

I also got bargain tickets to Brighton, and I let everyone at work know so hopefully a few other people picked up some cheap tickets too.

:lol:
Barty

Post by Barty »

I'm just sad I didn't find it before and more of you were able to take advantage.

Nobody at work told me either, I just found it browsing round the website.

Although if you were registered on the Southern site I believe you had an email sent out to you about it.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Just like to say Mrs Admin, myself and our bicycles enjoyed a great day out in Chichester yesterday at this truly bargain price.

We were a little worried when our return train was cancelled by a 'fatality' numerous 'signal failures' etc that had turned the network into a bit of a jumble. However a helpful Southern Railway guy tipped us off as to how to get home. Faster than the booked journey so a complete success all round!

We really are grateful Barty for the tip-off. Please, please remember STF when if or when Southern Rail repeat this promotion. I can't quite make out why they should run such a promotion so quietly.

Admin
Barty

Post by Barty »

I'll be sure to let you all know if I discover something similar again.

The problem I have is that I and my colleagues have little to do with ticketing where we work - I only found the offer by chance whilst browsing the Southern website in a quiet spell - and of course we have little to do with ticketing outside work either with our free travel :D

Although I won't get too smug about that, when the ELL starts I'll probably have to pay to get to work like the rest of you :shock: :lol: :lol:
parker

Post by parker »

Is this likely to be back again this year, does anyone know?

Ive seen adverts for EDF Green Britain Day but no mention of the reduced train tickets on Southern's website.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Still some bargains to be had. Advance singles to the coast for £3 and I got a single back from Bognor for £2.80 (with railcard). Ok that's more than 50p but both beat the car in cost, speed and convenience (for me).

Admin
Barty

5p CHILD FARES

Post by Barty »