St Michael's COE School

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
curlyhead

St Michael's COE School

Post by curlyhead »

Does anyone have any first hand experience of this school? Would like to hear from parents whose children attend.
cd8535

St Michaels

Post by cd8535 »

Our daugther goes to this school and has been there for a year. What us it you need to know about it. We have found it to be an excellent local school, really attentive.
curlyhead

Post by curlyhead »

I'm thinking of applying for my son this year and just wanted a first-hand experience. I assume you would recommend it?O
MrsD

Post by MrsD »

Hello. My Daughter started in Sept 08 (about to go into year one) and I would reccomend it. The school is very strong on pastoral care and a sense community in the school. We did not apply on religious grounds so I can not comment on that side. So far the teachers i have encountered have been very good and approachable. For academic results I think it is good but I would check all the stats. The great thing for me is that it is now one form entry so has a very friendly feel to it and all teh children know each other and the other members of staff. My daughter loves it to and has made good friends and a good start with reading / writing etc etc Hope this helps.
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

is there a new vicar? if there is...what are they like?
Jessie

Post by Jessie »

I attended this school over 15 years ago it was an amazing school then.

I no people who go there to this day and believe it is one of the best in the area
Paxton

Post by Paxton »

Jessie wrote:I attended this school over 15 years ago it was an amazing school then.

I no people who go there to this day and believe it is one of the best in the area
Do they teach grammar and punctuation? :wink:
Jessie

Post by Jessie »

Paxton wrote:
Jessie wrote:I attended this school over 15 years ago it was an amazing school then.

Do they teach grammar and punctuation? :wink:
Yes they do!!!

sorry my wording is not perfect message was sent from my phone, but hey ho we can't all be perfect can we???
Wolfie

Post by Wolfie »

I attended St Michael's COE back in the early 1960s - it was a happy school back then. The emphasis was on giving the best all round education possible - and that was during an era when the 'three Rs' reigned supreme.

The education given was good enough to get me into Colfe's school - then a grammar school - and I subsequently became a graduate and a postgraduate with a PhD. I'm sure that I would not have been able to scale such heights without the firm foundation from St Michael's.
Christhom

Post by Christhom »

I went to St Michaels from '62 to '68. I look back with some fondness. Then went on to Forest Hill Boys...which wasn't quite as much fun ! After that it was off to Woolwich for Thames Poytechnic. A SE London education. Know what I mean mate !!