parking in sydenham

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
jf

parking in sydenham

Post by jf »

First time for everything- here goes.

Why have sydenham traders and residents been asking the council, councillors, the mayor etc to sort out the signage in Sydenham Road for 10 YEARS and got nowhere??

Much of the talk on this site is about generating business in the High Street- no one in a car wants to venture there in case they get a £ 40 ticket- so they don't bother to come and shop.

Lewisham Council say they will do something about it, but have said so for 10 YEARS!!!!! Why do something about it when it's a great revenue stream??
Anyone got any comments??

JF
Ginge

Parking in Sydenham

Post by Ginge »

If parking was made available it might stop people using my road to rest their motors and blocking my drive!! :evil:
DaveT

free parking

Post by DaveT »

er, what about Girton Road car park ? still free (at the moment) and I think it's reasonably clearly signposted? (although the "free" bit needs more clearly marking)
goonerchamp

Post by goonerchamp »

Ginge - surely you can squeeze your BMX - past any cars in front your your house can't you?? 8)
Ginge

Post by Ginge »

On a serious note, I am actually in favour of introducing permit only and CPZ's in some areas of Sydenham, (Trewsbury Road included) at certain times of the day. Sydenham is well served by public transport from most areas. Am I wrong for wanting to look out of the window and not see a road crammed with cars, the majority of which are not owned by residents? :roll:
reasontobecheerful

Re: free parking

Post by reasontobecheerful »

DaveT wrote:er, what about Girton Road car park ? still free (at the moment) and I think it's reasonably clearly signposted? (although the "free" bit needs more clearly marking)
Nice one Dave! Can't actually see the problem, the free parking is the reason I use the Sydenham road...can't actually think of another reason to go there...hang on, give me a minute...I will get there...ah yes, the banks! Or the Man of Kent...NOT :roll: