incident outside Two Halves

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
MartinH

incident outside Two Halves

Post by MartinH »

Just come past the post office -7.30, and noticed police tape sectioning off the area. Any ideas? Is it just another stabbing, mugging, etc that we have become accustomed to in the last 10 years !!
Mrs.E

Post by Mrs.E »

I have just driven past and still a large area taped off and 2 police officers blocking people from entering...
It must have been something fairly serious for them to have been there all day - very worrying.
Chazza

Post by Chazza »

Spoke to a police officer on duty outside the pub - he informs me there was a serious assault outside the Two Half's (their spelling) yesterday night.
Trawlerman

Post by Trawlerman »

The Two Half's...Only been in their once year's ...[my spelling!!]..ago. Not bothered since.

Was this 'incident' an isolated occurrence? If not, then the venue should be closed down... Other such watering holes should get the message... And we should move towards town centres becoming more civilised.
Chazza

Post by Chazza »

I agree, I wouldn't go in there if they were giving the beer away.
sean

Post by sean »

From the police:
Fight started in the pub and rolled out onto the street at around 12:30am Saturday night. The fight continued by the crossing. One male in hospital in intensive care, serious.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Regretably no surprise here as the haunt of the tatoo'd all day drinkers on benefit.
These people often take a delight at insulting passers by.
Willy

Post by Willy »

The tatooed face man drinks in all the pubs in the high street, I've seen him in both the Dolphin and the Golden Lion, maybe he does a one man pub crawl from one end to the other before going to the station and commuting home on the train for his dinner.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

I am suprised he is let in The Dolphin
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I'm surprised he can afford to go there!
Trawlerman

Post by Trawlerman »

A tattooed face may look a bit odd. But it is not illegal.
Knifing somebody, fighting in the street...etc ...is.

A tattooed face is a pretty obvious identifying characteristic.

Maybe the 'Two Half's' should be closed down anyway... Guilty of GBH on English grammar.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

If out tatoo'd friend is on benefits he should be told he has made himself unemployable by tatooing his face , so will not receive any benefits.
Surely tatoo establishments should not be allowes to tatoo normally visible areas. I suggest he wears a Burka.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

If out tatoo'd friend is on benefits he should be told he has made himself unemployable by tatooing his face , so will not receive any benefits.
Surely tatoo establishments should not be allowes to tatoo normally visible areas. I suggest he wears a Burka.
I have seen the person you are referring to on many occasions, but I don't know his particular circumstances, so I hesitate to comment further, but might what appears to be a serious alcohol problem be a bigger hindrance to regular employment than a facial tattoo?
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Was the incident inside or outside the pub?

In Canada the pub is responsible for their patrons. If the Two Halves can't keep their patrons in order (they should refuse alcohol to anyone who is clearly not in control), then it should be shut down.

Crime and disruptive, abusive behavior are not human rights.

Any news on the rumour that the people behind 'jam circus' in Crofton Park has bought the two run down units that used to be a station building next to the DIY store in Kirkdale?
Chazza

Post by Chazza »

leenewham wrote:If the Two Halves can't keep their patrons in order, then it should be shut down.
If only...
G-Man

Post by G-Man »

Never trust a pub with a flat roof. My friend swears by this and I'm with him. As for the grammar...gnnn.

G-Man
bigbadwolf

Post by bigbadwolf »

My best friend had a fight with the bloke whose got half his face tattoo'd on Kirkdale last year. That Fella is well hard and my mate had to smash him in the head with half a brick from that loose wall near the off-license on Cobbs Corner to subdue him.
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

bigbadwolf wrote:My best friend had a fight with the bloke whose got half his face tattoo'd on Kirkdale last year. That Fella is well hard and my mate had to smash him in the head with half a brick from that loose wall near the off-license on Cobbs Corner to subdue him.

BBW, I find that hilarious. Hope your mate was OK
Trawlerman

Post by Trawlerman »

Great 'conversation', this...
Is it possible to have your face tattooed on Kirkdale? Sounds awful!
The Maoris were [are] into this...form of cultural expression...Said to make one appear to be terribly intimidating.
But not 'arder than Arfur Brik, BBW!

'Subdued with half a brick'...Surely a suitable quantity of meths would have been more agreeable?

As for 'serious alcohol problem' ...It can stand in the way to certain areas of gainful employment. But, according to certain sources, Churchill [Who he?] loved a tipple. But...He didn't have the tattoos [at least not where it showed] ...And I don't think he had fights and encounters with half bricks in Sydenham...[He had others to fight for him...As they all do...Clever that...]
dolly

Tattoo face man

Post by dolly »

I know the Tattoo face man i often see him around.

What did he do?