incident outside Two Halves

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This thread is becoming very confused between tattooed people and a particular person. Saturday night's events are subject to a serious criminal enquiry and the connection of any identifiable person to that event without evidence is completely out of line here in STF. Even if there was evidence - that should be shared with the police, not us.

So no more on tattoos in this thread please. If you want a general discussion on the merits of tattooing or not may I suggest a 'Hello Sailor!' thread in Town Pub.

TIA,
Admin
Trawlerman

Post by Trawlerman »

Yes, Admin.

It is becoming like a bit of a rambling 'pub conversation...'
Cheers.
linziavery

Post by linziavery »

i would like 2 set the record straight about the two halfs pub and the incident on the saturday night i am a member of staff in the two halfs and was there when the incident happened the fight did not start in the pub it was a 60th birthday celebration and there was a arguement between two males outside the post office that turnt into a fight and one male did indeed end up in hospital i would like to state that by this time they had left the premises of the two halfs and were no longer drinking the incident happened at 12.30pm and as you are more than aware the pub licence only allows us to serve until 11.30pm, as for the pub it was shut and there was only family members of the party inside helping to clear away there karaoke stuff food balloons etc... we as normal people would came outside when we heard the fight to see if we could help we phone the police and ambulance and performed first aid on the male who is recovering in hospital as we speak. the reason the police shut the pub is incase there was any evidence outside due to the fact there was no cctv evidence and had to wait to take statements from all the witnesses of the night and until that was done they could not reopen the pub i myself gave a statement and was told by the CID offcer incharge of the case that he is more than happy to remove the pub from the case as it was not envolved at all. as for the tattooed man you all refer to i have worked for the manager for over a year and he has never been allowed in the pub and is not anything to do with the pub or the incident saturday night. i hope this clears everything up and am happy to inform you all the male eho was in hospital is doing very well in hospital and is making a full recovery and the male that attacked him is awaiting trail also the police thank the pub for assisting them in catching the suspect and helping with the injured male.
Last edited by linziavery on 12 Oct 2009 15:53, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thank you Linzi for all this information. Really good to know that the victim is recovering and the police believe they have got their man.

People do jump to conclusions, yet to ignore or ban comment on the event is awkward - I presume it was the main topic of conversation when you re-opened. Its a difficult one to moderate here. I also assume you lost 3 days business as a result. Not good for any pub these days. My sympathies.

Again thank you for letting us know.

Admin
linziavery

Post by linziavery »

yes unfortunatley we did lose 3 days buisness as did other buisness's down the high street but these things happen and was controlled the best it could have been, as a buisness we have kept in touch with the victims family and he is doing really well its just a shame because the manager and staff have worked so hard to turn the pub and its reputation around i hope it doesnt effect all our hard work.
The Clown

Post by The Clown »

I think it would do the pub no end of good to re-brand.
MartinH

Post by MartinH »

Good idea, any suggestions ?
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

MartinH wrote:Good idea, any suggestions ?
As it's close to the Naborhood Centre, how about:

Pint's off Debate

(To keep the apostrophe/grammar joke going :shock: )
Chazza

Post by Chazza »

Gaz wrote:grammar joke
The Three Half's?
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

The half-wits?

Not 'Alfs?

'Alf u got n e change?

Not very funny I know but about sums up my view of the place. Best stick to a name that doesn't have any apostrophes in it lest we confuse those with a less than basic grasp of English‽

[In case that doesn't come out correctly it's an 'interrobang'. If the Two Half's put that in their sign then we'd really know Sydders was on the up.]
MartinH

Post by MartinH »

HOT WET FLASH -- anagam.
MartinH

Post by MartinH »

I meant anagram.
dolly

Post by dolly »

Since i have lived in Sydenham this is known to be a pub that losers drink in and losers run. There is always trouble in this pub that spills outside. It has got worse since the current owners took over the half wit pub.
The flower stool outside has a connection to the pub so i am told. Which is no surpris Can i just say the flowers you find in Lidl down the road are a lot better. It was better when Rose run it. lol. :P
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Dolly
Whay you say is probably correct but the benefit of such bars is that their clientelle does not go elsewhere.
You mention Lidl.
Gone of them today when advertising cheap lager in their Ponge store. I thought the supermarkets had agreed not to discount alcohol.Obviously messahe not got thought to SE20.