Problems in Penge

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
stuart

Problems in Penge

Post by stuart »

Last night I went to a meeting of Penge Forum. I know its not strictly Sydenham but many of us had to shop there when Cobbs Corner made Sydenham Road inaccessible..

The sad news is that the last rescue plan for Penge Market appears to be foundering. You may have noticed its decline over the last 18 months. Bromley had been trying to privatise it.

Penge has also lost its Town Centre Manger and Bromley aren't even providing any Christmas lighting this year. Penge Business Forum also has collapsed.

The good news is that there is some fighting community spirit to do things themselves. Indeed the Penge Forum is a good example of inclusive community work.

Last night's main subject was the replacement of Beckenham Hospital (start 2005, completion 2008) and progress on a Penge primary care centre possibly on the James Dixon School site in Anerley Park.

If anybody is interested in those I will post a report.

Penge Forum can be found at http://www.communigate.co.uk/london/pen ... ndex.phtml
annabel mclaren

Problems in Penge

Post by annabel mclaren »

I think a report would on Penge would be great. The high street seemed very lively when I visited recently - there's a nice pavement cafe for lunch on a sunny day! It would be a shame if Bromley pulled the plug on Penge - it's laboured under its 'poor relation' status for too long!
Eagle

PENGE

Post by Eagle »

Your comments do not surprise me . Penge is an unfortunate addition to the green fields of Bromley and is treated rather like the Georgians treated New South Wales
Good luck any way. The Moon and Stars is usually OK but even that seems to have gone down recently