Unsigned recorded deliveries

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
apcmoomin

Unsigned recorded deliveries

Post by apcmoomin »

I've received two small parcels through the letter box this week which were both Recorded Deliveries - so both would have required signatures. However, none have been provided as I've been out both times and the postie didn't leave a "While you were out" card
Is there some kind of new process for Recorded Deliveries that I'm unaware of or is the postie just being lazy? Who should I complain to? Has anyone else experienced this recently?
goonerchamp

Post by goonerchamp »

I think its a combination of both - I can't remember the last time I signed for a recorded delivery package (because of this I send anything that requires a signature by special) - speaking of special - I think the posties in sydenham are what they call special - I yesterday received post for the cake store 111 Sydenham Road - last time I looked I did not live in a cake shop - I have previously received post for wimpy - I would not mind but how big are the letters on the shop signage of the Cake Store and Wimpy - I have no confidence in the people delivering normal post in Sydenham - I think if you were to look into it - the situation is being repeated throughout the land !
lambchops

Post by lambchops »

I had problems with this, as well as the postie delivering the special delivery parcels to anyone in my block of flats who was home and would sign.

I rang up the customer line or whatever it was and the bloke was pretty good about it and have never had a problem since.
HitPR

Post by HitPR »

ah they dont even bother postin mine, i find em on door step in plain view of the world lol
i like when they simply post the "u wasnt in letter" without even knocking, even if ur sittin in kitchen watchin them walk up, dump the u wasnt in letter in ya post box and leave
i blame royal mail, dont care who they employ, and cut staff constantly, so posties have to rush now
JRobinson

Post by JRobinson »

they just assume that everyone is out during the day, and so don't bother to carry larger items of post. Of course if there were still two deliveries a day, and the first post was gaurenteed before 9am, a lot of people would still be in to sign.
alywin

Post by alywin »

I'm not sure Recorded Delivery still requires a recipient's signature as opposed to the postie's, does it? I had some documents arrive by registered post yesterday, and had to sign for them.
apcmoomin

Post by apcmoomin »

I have complained to Royal Mail customer services....wonder if I will get any response from them. I thought that when you pay extra for Recorded Delivery (and Special Delivery), that it means that a recipient signs for it, so that you can trace who signed for it. Surely the postie can't sign it himself? That's cheating the paying customer.