Anyone get train from Penge East to St Pancras??

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
hilsbee

Anyone get train from Penge East to St Pancras??

Post by hilsbee »

I'm investigating many routes to try and reduce my travelling time, and I wondered if anyone uses the Penge East to St Pancras route in the mornings?

What I'm really interested in is if you can get a seat on the 7.49 or the 8.04 train please? I'm getting too old to stand any more :)

Would be really grateful if anyone has any info on this

Many thanks
Hils
DaveT

yes

Post by DaveT »

I use the Penge East service to Farringdon (next stop St Pancras) every morning - I've never seen the 8:04 without a seat available.

If you can't get a seat on the 8:04, wait a couple of stops and lots of school kids (well behaved ones at that) get off at West Dullwich. (I know.)

The 7:39 however is somewhat packed by Penge.

I find it a good service, except for when the driver walked away at city thameslink (his hours were up). The snow didn't help earlier this year either.

just my 2p - hope this helps!
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I've seen that train at Sydenham Hill whilst waiting for my train to Victoria often enough, and it always appears to have quite a few seats free. Only used it a few times myself though, and generally been fairly good.
hilsbee

Post by hilsbee »

Thank you both very much for your comments - looks like a goer!