UPDATED Weather and travel

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Tiptopform

Re: Weather and travel

Post by Tiptopform »

Just seen a 176 go past...! Hurrah!
simon

Post by simon »

Any updates from London Bridge?
The live departure board says there are trains, but wife reports otherwise from LB.
Checkmate

Post by Checkmate »

Anything passing through East Croydon is experiencing delays of up to 90 minutes, signal problem at South Croydon and broken down train Coulsdon South - fron National Rail Enquiries.

That's gonna have knock-on effects on London Overground I would imagine - anything late at East Croydon is also gonna be late at Norwood Junction...Syd, FH, HOP, NXG and London Bridge.
Checkmate

Post by Checkmate »

London Overground website currently proclaims normal service.

Southern are saying no expected alterations to Metro services, but revised timetable operating to the coast, and they say there is the possibility of short notice cancellations if drivers are unable to get to work.

No reports of problems on 75 or 176 according to TfL

Having said that it's only 0515.......people may not be up and about yet to discover how bad it is.

I'm heading away from London this morning, hoping to see the 0553 Southern to Sutton or the 0557 Overground to West Croydon on time.

Good luck folks!
richpickings

Post by richpickings »

Ok so Southern trains are running (I am on one) but not to any recognised timetable. London Overground trains aren't running (go figure) which means the trains that are running are absolutely packed. Good luck

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
G-Man

Post by G-Man »

On my way down now. Any news on Lower Sydenham services? They were running, sort of, last night.

G-Man

lizzie

Post by lizzie »

Following a marathon 3 hour trek home last night and having struggled in to work this morning in central London (where there is NO SNOW!!), and in an attempt to be well prepared for the journey home, can anyone tell me:

Is it snowing in Sydenham? (according to the BBC forecast it should be snowing heavily right now)
What are the trains like from London Bridge / Canada Water?
When was the last time anyone one saw a 176 bus?

Thanks in advance.
Savvy

Post by Savvy »

like what she said... anyone set off from London back to Syd yet? Took me two hours last night via the Overground. That was suspended this morning. Any info most gratefully received.
syd

Post by syd »

Please help I'm in London wondering how the hell I'm going to get home is it snowing in Sydenham? shall i go to LB or VIC Thanks in advance
Savvy

Post by Savvy »

the website says there is a shuttle service from dalston down to east croydon due to severe weather... i'm leaving soon.
c4c_dave

Post by c4c_dave »

There is no new snowfall in Sydenham at the moment and hasn't really been any all day. Most likely the main concerns at the moment will have to be the freezing weather as it's starting to get cold now.

I'm off to see Arcade Fire at the O2 Arena tonight, I've heard rumours that southern are stopping their trains at 9pm tonight. If that is true it looks like I'm going to have fun getting home tonight :(

If the weather changes between now and 6 I'll let everyone know on here.
jeff

Post by jeff »

National Rail enquiries website is showing LB to Sydenham trains all running "on time".
Fact or fiction?
Will find out in about an hour when I get there.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

I'm going to see Arcade Fire tomorrow. I was thinking of getting a 75 to Lewisham and then the DLR.

biffa

Post by biffa »

i gave up trying to get any train into london..all overground and southern were severely delayed ..it appeared some trains were coming from the victoria end but even then i never managed to see one ..that was at approx 1430 hrs today
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Did anyone get a train from Penge East/ Sydenham Hill this morning? I went to the latter at about 8:25 but saw no sign of trains so made my way (walk then bus) to Brixton to get a tube in. I think I'll have to retrace my steps tonight as the Southeastern service seems to be in chaos.
Savvy

Post by Savvy »

I am on London Overground train. It was only 6mins late and not packed. Colleague at London Bridge totally stuck- no trains few announcements. Avoid Chx and LB at all costs.

c4c_dave

Post by c4c_dave »

rshdunlop wrote:I'm going to see Arcade Fire tomorrow. I was thinking of getting a 75 to Lewisham and then the DLR.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

ah that's a good plan, I'll keep that as a back up if the overgound fails me later but for now at least it appears to be running, enjoy Arcade Fire tomorrow :)
lizzie

Post by lizzie »

In answer to my own question, I got a Victoria train from London Bridge at around 4. Most things running, a bit delayed, a few cancellations. Generally pretty fine. Think the ELL may be worse.

Friends in Beckenham have abandoned Arcade Fire tonight. Good luck getting home from that!
G-Man

Post by G-Man »

Sounds like it's getting worse, ELL now cancelling trains from Shoreditch.

In Charing Cross mysellf so debating the 176 - anyone know how the busses are going?
Or are Lower Sydenham Trains running?
G-Man
Checkmate

Post by Checkmate »

ALL SOUTHERN SERVICES SUSPENDED THIS MORNING
Services in the London Metro area will not start before 1000 and services south of Croydon are all suspended until further notice.

LONDON OVERGROUND
say they are operating two trains an hour between Dalston and West Croydon and two trains an hour between Dalson and Crystal Palace. National Rail Enquiries live departure board for Sydenham shows delays of around 15-20 minutes to these services right now.

BUSES
No service between Camberwell and Penge on 176
75 and 185 showing as okay (if the 176 is buggered why isnt the 185?)