NEW RETRO/SHABBY CHIC FURNITURE/INTERIORS SHOP

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
140Interiors

NEW RETRO/SHABBY CHIC FURNITURE/INTERIORS SHOP

Post by 140Interiors »

Hi..We will be opening a furniture and interiors shop down the bottom of the High Street. Retro, shabby chic and painted furniture - original vintage and new. Mirrors, lighting, glass, accessories...Will probably be the second week in March-will confirm as soon as the date is definate. Have posted early in case anyone else wants to join the trend of opening something a bit more exciting in the High Street.
Tim Lund

Re: NEW RETRO/SHABBY CHIC FURNITURE/INTERIORS SHOP

Post by Tim Lund »

Want to say a bit more about how you see your business working? Pm me or LeeNewham if you want. We're always interested to talk to new businesses coming here.
georgemichael

Post by georgemichael »

Im sure we all would! Why only PM 2 people when you can shout about it to everyone?!!
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

georgemichael:

I wasn't saying not to shout about it to everyone as well! Just sometimes people don't want to say everything in public - which should be respected. Like what the real names on people posting on the Forum are.

And if I'd only wanted me and Lee to know more, I'd just have pm'd instead of posting here!
shell1

Post by shell1 »

140 Interiors - Sounds like a very welcome new addition to the high street. The best of luck with your opening in March. I'll certainly pop in for a browse (and perhaps a purchase?) :)
Big Ben

Post by Big Ben »

Sounds fantastic! We recently broke a 'shabby chic' mirror that we bought about 15 years ago in a shop that had opened in an earlier wave of vintage interest - it was near the top of Kent House Rd. Had been wondering where - locally - to find another... now all I have to do is wait until the spring! Very best of luck.
lj007

Post by lj007 »

Hi when you say shabby chic, I hope you dont mean tat like the other second hand furniture stores that we already have multiplying at the lower end of the high road.
I do hope that you contact Lee for advice on shop frontage ideas as he colloborated with Billings the fishmongers (people use this fishmongers as the fish is fresh and so much cheaper than sainsbury's) and I hope future shops and new businesses take note of its appearance.
140Interiors

Post by 140Interiors »

lj007 wrote:Hi when you say shabby chic, I hope you dont mean tat like the other second hand furniture stores that we already have multiplying at the lower end of the high road.
I do hope that you contact Lee for advice on shop frontage ideas as he colloborated with Billings the fishmongers (people use this fishmongers as the fish is fresh and so much cheaper than sainsbury's) and I hope future shops and new businesses take note of its appearance.

Sorry no 'tat' involved...and yes, have already contacted Lee
scarpetta

Post by scarpetta »

I wish you good luck. I can't wait for your shop to open!
SydenhamHillAndy

Post by SydenhamHillAndy »

have you posted on neighbouring forums: virtualnorwood, se23.com and eastdulwichforum? If they're on the edge of sydenham, might tempt them down the high street now we have lovely fish shop and yourselves opening up down the end.

Very best of luck
G-Man

Post by G-Man »

Hello - sounds ace. Where exactly are you going to be?

On another note - my friend makes lovely lampshades that you might be interested in, they really are a super design, have a look: http://www.flower-shade.com/

Good luck with it!

G-man
140Interiors

Post by 140Interiors »

G-Man wrote:Hello - sounds ace. Where exactly are you going to be?

On another note - my friend makes lovely lampshades that you might be interested in, they really are a super design, have a look: http://www.flower-shade.com/

Good luck with it!

G-man

140 Sydenham Road............opposite Kwik Fit