News: Vote for your local theatre

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
back_ache

News: Vote for your local theatre

Post by back_ache »

Our local theatre the "south london theatre" has been nomonated for Best Neighbourhood Theatre Award in the LBC97.3 Living London Awards 2006.

You can vote for it at http://www.lbc973.co.uk

source icSouthLondon
Big Ben

Post by Big Ben »

Along with the South London Theatre, even nearer are a couple of great pub theatres - upstairs at the Hob (opposite Forest Hill station), and the Brockley Jack in Brockley Rise.
back_ache

Post by back_ache »

Interestingly the last couple of productions at the hob where produced and performed by a member of the South London Theatre.

Though I havn't been myself the hob is a nice little venue apart from a problem with traffic noise.
Big Ben

Post by Big Ben »

The play that I saw recently - 'To W.H' - was brilliant, and I think that has a tie-in with the South London Theatre. From July 24 to Aug 19 'Stay With Me' by Stuart Draper is on, which is billed as being by Melmoth in assoc with the SLT... as a venue the Hob was great, but a bit hot in May - it could be very steamy by August! The bar area of the Hob is good too - very relaxed, lots of sofas, nice staff, etc.
Knighton

Post by Knighton »

OH!

Has the management changed there then?