Penge High Road /Maple Road event

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
panmum

Penge High Road /Maple Road event

Post by panmum »

The event that was to be held in Penge that was cancelled due to snow (twice!!) is being held this Saturday 5th March between 2p.m and 7p.m There will be lots to watch on the stage in Maple Road funfair rides for little ones a magician Clowns and Endurance Steel Orchestra will be performing outside the Crooked Billet Pub. Hope to see you there!
Savvy

Re: Penge High Road /Maple Road event

Post by Savvy »

Will that young mum be there? The one on the 122 this morning screaming "there's a buggy there's a buggy on already.. oh wot's he doing, stupid driver, there's a buggy on already!!" as a lady was trying to get on with a physically and mentally disabled person in a wheelchair. Coz if she is then I'm not interested.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Do not start me on Buggy's oe more to the point aggressive buggy operators.
I hope she was ejected from the bus to make way for the wheelchair.
Would not be surprised if the young female in question was a single Mum totally dependent on our hand outs. She should walk.
Hill Dweller

Post by Hill Dweller »

Wheelchair users have priority over pushchairs and I've been on a bus where two of the latter were put off for one.

I've got very mixed feelings about the preponderence now for babies to be isolated from their carer so that when they have a whimper they just get rocked instead of being held and given physical comfort and confidence. Off topic :!:
Savvy

Post by Savvy »

Its bad enough having to go through Penge on the bus. You'd have to pay me to get off.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

If anyone is tempted to enter the bus / buggy / wheelchair debate, go read this and then decide whether you really want to disappear down this particular rabbit hole:
http://www.se23.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3618

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
alywin

Post by alywin »

Hill Dweller wrote:Wheelchair users have priority over pushchairs and I've been on a bus where two of the latter were put off for one.
That's amazing. Being a not-infrequent wheelchair-pusher myself, and having experienced hell trying to get them on buses (how about having to wait 2 hours to get home because either the 75s didn't have a working ramp or the wheelchair space was filled with buggies), I got hold of TFL's book on transport for the disabled. Wheelchair users do indeed have priority over buggy users for the user of the wheelchair space, but nobody will be asked to leave the bus, is what it says.

Anyway, back to the subject. I was in Penge too early this morning for most of the event, but I certainly heard the fireworks at about 6.45 this evening! Loud, or what?
Frangipan

Post by Frangipan »

Back OT, we took a wander down there yesterday afternoon and there were a few rides and a candy floss stall. There could have done with being more there to look at, craft stalls etc but it's a good start to utilise Maple Road's ability to close the road easily.

We had an amazing uninterrupted view of the fireworks from our back garden though, if you could arrange that when the weather is warmer we'll have a BBQ!!

Scared the bejeezus out of our cats though!
Savvy

Post by Savvy »

Doh... my husband told me he'd arranged those fireworks for my birthday.
robertlondon

Post by robertlondon »

It was like an open air version of The Jeremy Kyle Show.
Great if you like witnessing parents swearing at their children.