Petition to save Sydenham baby gym

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
NatashaM

Petition to save Sydenham baby gym

Post by NatashaM »

I would be so grateful if you'd sign the petition to keep Sydenham baby gym going. Thank you.

http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/s ... hambabygym
leenewham

Re: Petition to save Sydenham baby gym

Post by leenewham »

Signed, and shared on Facebook.

If anyone else signs, it may be worth doing this.

Good luck.
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

leenewham wrote:Signed, and shared on Facebook.

If anyone else signs, it may be worth doing this.

Good luck.
Snap!
Hill Dweller

Post by Hill Dweller »

I just re-found a pic of a fit little boy walking carefully along the narrow edge of a beam and another of him pretending exhaustion at trying to climb the big box (is it called a horse box?)

Lewisham Pool 25+yrs ago ! :o
mysti77

Post by mysti77 »

I've signed this yesterday. Can you please sign this as it's a great resource for our little ones.

Thanks x
poppy

Post by poppy »

I've not heard of this before. Where is the community hall and when is it on?

Thanks

P
NatashaM

Post by NatashaM »

They are running an article in the South London Press tomorrow (Friday 11th) about the closure, the flawed consultation process and our campaign to keep Baby Gym going in Sydenham.

Poppy - it's on from 10-12 on Wednesdays at Sydenham Hill Community Hall (on Sydenham Hill, in the estate opposite the woods).
Hill Dweller

Post by Hill Dweller »

Is the hall itself being mothballed Natasha?

NatashaM

Post by NatashaM »

I have no idea - it's possible if the owners find they can't lease it to someone else annually. Perhaps they will rent it out on an hourly basis now. Even if that's the case, Lewisham won't consider paying more than a token amount to hire somewhere.
NatashaM

Post by NatashaM »

The campaign has been successful to a degree - we've managed to persuade Childrens' Services to rent the hall by the hour so the baby gym will continue until the end of summer term but after that it'll go - along with a lot of their universal services.

I attended a consultation meeting today where they outlined what would be happening in the future. All surestart childrens centres that stay open will be handed over to the charity/voluntary sector and their services will be targeted only at those people who have been referred to them. Parents groups will be able to use the centres free of charge but they won't be laying anything on for us along the lines of rhyme time/messy play/toy libraries as they do now.

They were looking to do the handover this September but it's too short notice as they have to hold consultation meetings with the staff prior to giving them notice so it'll be at some point in 2012.