Daniel Morgan Murder

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham

Moderator: frenzarin

stuart

Re: Daniel Morgan Murder

Post by stuart »

It's 32 years John.

One small consolation is that two suspects did get banged up for unrelated offences uncovered during the investigation which they otherwise would probably have got away with.

My thoughts are with Daniel's brother and mother who did so much to stop this case being buried. They must be mad their good work was frittered away.

Stuart

simon

Post by simon »

New program on the Daniel Morgan murder on Monday

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/mur ... sode-guide

ALIB

Post by ALIB »

BUMP. starts at 9pm, Channel 4.

Much respect to the Morgan family for pursuing this (Alistair in particular), and also the press. I hope something positive comes of this renewed publicity.

From a business partnership, to murder, police drug dealing, to a media/police corroboration, that could have, ultimately, brought down a UK Government.,....allegedly.

Motive and opportunity in abundance. Just lacking evidence.

ALIB

Post by ALIB »

Actually, there was loads of evidence. Somehow, it got corrupted, or went missing. Then police investigations got hampered by various events.

AC and RB ,.......

ALIB

Post by ALIB »

the first two episodes were a 'slow-burner', but the impetus is building. There are so many potential strands to the story, I think that is how the waters were muddied so comprehensively.
After all this time, any culprits have had plenty of time to 'get their stories straight'. And the overwhelming thing that sticks in my mind, is the lack of DNA evidence. That would put matters beyond doubt.

In the Stephen Lawrence case the police used 'pioneering' DNA evidence to convict after a long time (and evidence being compromised), and I am concerned that this route doesn't seem to have been explored in this case, given the police have the murder weapon, and other associated items.

We await the final episode

ALIB

Post by ALIB »

Good impartial journalism in the last installment. Mere hints at the extent that a cover-up was conducted (probably for legal reasons), But i think AC and RB and News Corp had a huge sway on the way the investigations went/ failed.

And a man/father died and his accused are living in the media spotlight, which is causing continued misery for all. Alastair Morgan has done a stella job in progressing this, and I hope the continued media/legal pressure gives a miserable existence for those that were involved.

I hope modern technology may yet provide the pivotal break-through, most likely with DNA evidence, if any still exists.
Last edited by ALIB on 18 Jun 2020 19:29, edited 1 time in total.

alywin

Post by alywin »

Funny, I only appear to have seen the one instalment so far ...

CATLADY

Post by CATLADY »

If it helps, the 3 episodes are on All 4 already but second episode is on TV Monday at 9 pm .