Another estate agent

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
poppy

Another estate agent

Post by poppy »

Has anyone noticed that Peddars estate agents has taken over the old (HSBC?) bank, opposite Lloyds. They are working on it at the moment. That will be the second in a month as the old George Proctors opposite has recently reopened as another estate agents!

Does this mean Sydenham is or is about to buck national trends? I am assuming they are predicting it will be a hotspot for sales and lettings. (Down to ELL and new Greyhound development etc?)
Ronski

Re: Another estate agent

Post by Ronski »

sigh I always hoped that would turn into something nice (Thai Restaurant anyone), we probably have enough estate agents don't we?
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

A thai restaurant?/ Like this (not my favourite what if)

http://whatifsydenham.wordpress.com/200 ... estaurant/

We are in danger of rendering the pocket parks a waste of time if we don't have businesses next to them that can capitalize on them.
Checkmate

Post by Checkmate »

girl_canuck

Post by girl_canuck »

I saw this the other day, and it just drives me mad. We have WAY too many estate agents! Surely it could have been something nice and useful that would actually make people WANT to live in Sydenham, so the other estate agents had people to sell to?
BingBong

Post by BingBong »

Maybe they can finally sell/ let the flats + retail space at the top of Kirkdale (remember Miles the butchers, anyone?) that have been empty/ to let for years.
Seems like a bit of a wasted opportunity myself - with all that space, it could have been a properly big chicken shop, or hair/nail salon. Or perhaps Sydenham's third Costcutter...