Bus Stop - Customer Info/Bus Countdown - Cobbs Corner

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
DanW

Bus Stop - Customer Info/Bus Countdown - Cobbs Corner

Post by DanW »

At last, Cobbs Corner bus stop is to get a bus arrival countdown board - so annoying when you can't see a bus which is merely 20 seconds away, then start walking instead...

Other bus stops being upgraded in Lewisham can be found on p43-44 of the attached:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/ ... ations.pdf

Dan
The Eagle

Re: Bus Stop - Customer Info/Bus Countdown - Cobbs Corner

Post by The Eagle »

How many will that make it in Sydenham?
Is there an area(ward) in Inner London with fewer than Sydenham?

What have our Councillors been doing over the years?
Off course there might be a good reason but I would be interested to know?
DanW

Post by DanW »

The Eagle wrote: Off course there might be a good reason but I would be interested to know?
They let you know how long you can expect to wait for your service to arrive!? You may have used a similar thing when waiting for a train, airplane, boat..

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

That's great news, Dan (if it goes ahead).

However, it's a bit confusing as the document is undated and also lists bus stops at Forest Hill Station/London Rd that have had the countdowns for years already?
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

OK, replying to my own post:

It seems from looking on SE23.com that the above list is definitive: If a bus-stop is not listed then it means that it will not have a countdown board.

Therefore, from what I can see, the bus-stop at the round-about between Kirkdale and Dartmouth Rd will have its (existing) Countdown removed? :x
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Gaz wrote:However, it's a bit confusing as the document is undated and also lists bus stops at Forest Hill Station/London Rd that have had the countdowns for years already?
The list is dated February 2011 - see the TfL web page on Countdown (http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/project ... #section-2), from which the list (and a map of locations) can be accessed.

I suspect that the list includes bus stops at which Countdown is already installed because a 'new generation' of signs is being installed, so presumably the existing ones will need to be updated or replaced.

You'll see from the website that the roll out of the new signs will begin in 2011 and will be completed in 2012.