255-269 Sydenham Road - Planning Application

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Ronski

Re: 255-269 Sydenham Road - Planning Application

Post by Ronski »

Did anyone make it to this meeting, any news to report as I got stuck at work.

Thanks,
R

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Chris Best

Post by Chris Best »

http://chrisbest.org.contentcurator.net ... emoffset=2

I have provided a short report above. One of the main points was the loss of the Victorian building including the pitched roof. The flat roof makes the building look tall and out of keeping with the rest of Sydenham Road.

Cllr Chris Best
http://www.chrisbest.org.
G-Man

Post by G-Man »

Hi all, particularly Chris

I was wondering if there was any further news on this? I have been speaking to people locally and there are several rumours. They have just boarded up around the sides of Sunnydene and Highclere as if getting ready for development. Some are saying it is still going to be knocked down and rebuilt, as the plans say, others say it is going to be refurbished into flats. Any ideas?

Cheers

G-Man
G-Man

Post by G-Man »

Apologies, I have just seen the planning application has been granted. :(

Although I'm sure it was for the right reasons.

Any further news greatly appreciated.

Cheers

G-Man
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Finger crossed this one might look ok. So far the developments here leave a lot to be desired. The green thing opposite Bell green looks awful, it looked great in the drawings though.

The building behind the Italian place (opposite the church conversion) looks like a bad pastiche.

The Greyhound development seem to have managed to add another story onto the top of the approved plan which looks too big (although I actually like the buildings).

All the new builds in Kirkdale (of which many seem to be empty) look really poor and again have negated on the original plans.

Lets hops this time a housing association that has strict budgets, trying to build social housing will stick to the plans and use quality materials a building like this needs and give Sydenham a great building that will make us happy that another slice of history has been demolished.
Annie

Post by Annie »

leenewham wrote:Finger crossed this one might look ok. So far the developments here leave a lot to be desired. The green thing opposite Bell green looks awful, it looked great in the drawings though.

The Greyhound development seem to have managed to add another story onto the top of the approved plan which looks too big (although I actually like the buildings).

All the new builds in Kirkdale (of which many seem to be empty) look really poor and again have negated on the original plans.

Lets hops this time a housing association that has strict budgets, trying to build social housing will stick to the plans and use quality materials a building like this needs and give Sydenham a great building that will make us happy that another slice of history has been demolished.
How can this happen?
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

I'm not sure, although looking at the plans for the Greyhound I may be mistaken. Originally the models show what we currently have, but I was of the understanding that those plans were changed due to complaints so that the building facing the street was the same hight as the existing buildings. Which certainly isn't the case at the moment.

Can anyone confirm this? Does the current building conform to the agreed planning?
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

The decision notice is at http://acolnet.lewisham.gov.uk/ACOLLATEDOCS/65370_1.pdf

It identifies the drawings to which the permission is tied. Most of those drawings, including those showing the height of the buildings, are at http://acolnet.lewisham.gov.uk/ACOLLATE ... 842_22.pdf

I can't see any discrepancy between what is being built and the drawings, but perhaps others can?
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Thanks biscuitman, I stand corrected.
colliermarsh

Post by colliermarsh »

Hello there,

Just wondering if anyone has any updates on this, would be great to know the status.

Thanks!
Search East

Post by Search East »

I was wondering the same, any news out there?

I live two roads down from the row of terrace houses, so get a chance to see what is going on when walking to and from the station on my way to work each day.

The only things that have recently happened is some service companies working round the back of the houses in the fenced off area and more recently, British Gas doing some work at the front of the houses.

Either they are getting ready preparing the site for demolition, or just keeping it tidy and making sure all amenities are cut off to deter squatters over the winter period.

Not sure when the planning permission they this year for the new development expires? If they've got a while, then they might just be mothballing the site to start work next year?
Search East

Post by Search East »

colliermarsh wrote:Hello there,

Just wondering if anyone has any updates on this, would be great to know the status.

Thanks!
Look like those questions have just been answered colliermarsh, demolition starts this Monday 7th according the the latest thread.

http://sydenham.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8854
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Very sad. Surely the units could have been refurbished cheaper.

Will the new dwellings house more or less persons.