Billings Fishmonger and NOW BUTCHER!

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
G-Man

Re: Billings Fishmonger and NOW BUTCHER!

Post by G-Man »

Probably seen my other post but what the heck...

I heard a rumour and it happens to be true.

Tomorrow Billings are going to be having a tasting session from 10:00am-2:00pm with loads of delicious food and there has even been mention of Cider and Pimms...ace!

I have been informed that there will be hams, sausages, sausage rolls, pies, fish kebab and did I mentioned free cider...hic.

I reckon I'll see ya there at the front of the queue!

Come on BBW - you know you want to :D

G-Man
amob

Post by amob »

Thank you for all the positive and constructive feedback. And also thanks for making last Saturday such a success! Who said there is no such thing as a free lunch hey??

In regards to Scott's query I would like to retort by saying that we have practices in place to ensure we never cross our knifes/boards or work surfaces and have just installed a new cutting board used solely for chicken.

I am endeavouring to continually improve the service we provide at Billing's and do check this forum for suggestions. Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Regards,
Amar @ Billing's.
alywin

Post by alywin »

"just" a fishmonger? Do you remember the time when Sydenham didn't have a fishmonger? And do you know how many other towns in the country don't have one? So don't start taking it too much for granted :).

Anyway, I look forward to patronising them when I actually start shopping in Sydenham. It'll be a nice change to have a decent butcher and fishmonger (as I understand they are) within walking distance.
JRobinson

Post by JRobinson »

it's a great place, I love it. I manage to make it home on a Friday early enough that it's still open, and buy bacon and sausage for the weekend. Sometimes fish for a meal, sometimes something else. I'm sure if it wasn't this good, people wouldn't still be talking about it, so yes, bbw - unwarranted.
Weeble

Post by Weeble »

Having been a bit of a late convert, I realized they'd won me over when I left Waitrose the other day with no meat or fish, having determined I'd be better off buying in Billings.

Supermarkets 0, local shops 1 :)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
DanW

Post by DanW »

Just a quick thumbs-up to Billings butchers for the beef and turkey they supplied for Christmas (and cooking suggestions!) and the festive bangers we had with friends on Christmas Eve - great quality food and a decent price I thought.

Will be back early in 2012.

Merry Christmas!