THE RESULTS ARE IN

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
leenewham

THE RESULTS ARE IN

Post by leenewham »

On the 'What If Sydenham' blog I've been running a few polls over the last year. I thought I'd share the results here.

This is how people have voted so far:

Q_Do you think Sydenham Road has room for improvement?
A_Yes, it currently looks shabby, I'd like more variety of shops/places to eat and i'd like the whole road to look smarter. 67.79% (101 votes)

A_Yes, but I like the shops, I just wish they looked smarter. 6.71% (10 votes)

A_Yes, but we like independent shops, but we want them to look nicer, no Starbucks or Costa Coffee places please! 24.16% (36 votes)

A_No, It's fine the way it is. Don't change it. 0.67% (1 votes)

Q_Where do you shop?

A_I shop/eat out in Sydenham ONLY. 8.11% (3 votes)

A_I'd love to shop or eat in Sydenham but the high street just feels shabby so I go elsewhere. 81.08% (30 votes)

Time for change?
Pantwetter

Re: THE RESULTS ARE IN

Post by Pantwetter »

I'm surprised at the stat on not wanting Costa or Starbucks. I always thought they created a bit of an M&S effect on an area. A barometer of an areas gentrification if you will.

The road does need smartening up and personally I'd use the money earmarked for Station approach which to me isnt a massive priority.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

I wasn't surprised about the brand thing, the bigger you get the more you are hated. We prefer to support independents, it's actually the main reason why we set up our design company to take what we learnt working for the likes of Starbucks, Walmart, Tesco, Sainbury's, Waitrose, Unilever, Coca Cola etc and apply it to people, causes and companies we actually liked and believed in.

I think the changes to station approach are incredibly important and besides there are other forms of funding available for the high street (if we haven't missed the boat).
Annie

Post by Annie »

I think the council should give you all the designated funds and let you get on with it! :D
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Who was the 1 person wanted things to remain as they are? One of the street drinkers.
Annie

Post by Annie »

:lol: @ Eagle
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Very amusing and quick Annie.

Have a good day.