SORTING OFFICE - Silverdale

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
The Eagle

SORTING OFFICE - Silverdale

Post by The Eagle »

Just thought I would advise people that the closing time will change from 2 October 2006. This is due to a reorganisation
Instead of 2pm it will be 1pm.
Funny how this reorganisations ALWAYS give the customer a worse service.
Good old Royal Mail; yet another move to give a better service to its customers :roll:
So when you get a delivery after 1pm and you just miss the postman, you will not be able to collect it until the following day!
Ian

Post by Ian »

So when you get a delivery after 1pm and you just miss the postman
don't you mean "when the postman doesn't bring round your packet, just pops the "unable to deliver card" though the letterbox after 1pm"

apparently the sorting office used to be open only till 12:00 a few years ago, so maybe the service hasn't deteriorated that much, just a shame that when you queue up outside it seems to be the coldest place in Sydenham.
still_robbo

Post by still_robbo »

don't you mean "when the postman doesn't bring round your packet, just pops the "unable to deliver card" though the letterbox after 1pm"
...all too true.
ALIB

silverdale

Post by ALIB »

'glad' i'm not the only one who has experienced the phantom' we called, but you were out' card. Last month my postman actually gave me the card as I met him at the front door! needless to say , a letter has gone to the manager of the sorting office, asking him to get his act together. Unfortunately, the complaints procedure for Royal Mail only allows the sender to complain. The more people that complain directly to the office, I would like to think would exert some pressure.
This has happened on many occasions recently, but the most frustrating was when i was expecting tickets for the cricket on a sunday. the tickets were meant to be special delivered the day before (the saturday), but I got a mysterious card telling me I was out. The postman always knocks twice?? no way, he shoves the card through the letter box, leaving you to collect the parcel the next day, if you are lucky.
couldbeanyone

Post by couldbeanyone »

Used to happen with my post too.

It saves them time doesn't it? to leave a card rather than wait for the recipient to open the door.

I have noticed that this has become more uncommon recently, I always get my packages first time.
Greg Whitehead

Post by Greg Whitehead »

I hear about this alot. I must say in the defence of the postman we have on Knighton Park Road (rides his bike, always says hello, whistles alot and always delivers the package rather than leaving the card) that he seems very much the exception rather than the rule - can't fault the man. He's the one with the greying hair closely cropped. Best postman I've ever had.