Another stabbing in Sydenham

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Jac

Re: Another stabbing in Sydenham

Post by Jac »

I agree with you Annie,I have been told the charge is GBH with intent,. which "if" found(or if he pleads)guilty carrys a life sentence .If he pleads guilty it will at least save the victims and witnessesthe stresses of having to attend court.i imagine theres no choice BUT to plead guilty as he was caught at the scene with his fingerprints and the victims blood on the knife.We just have to keep hopefull that the legal system will see him locked up for a very long time.

The 20 year old fitness instructor is doing well and as far as im aware the 41 year old is ok too(?)
Lets all keep our fingers crossed on wednesday and hope i'll be posting the news we're all waiting to hear x
Annie

Post by Annie »

I wish the two victims well, and hope to see justice done.
Chris Best

Post by Chris Best »

Following a Court appearance, James Campbell, aged 29, of Bayes Close, Sydenham was yesterday remanded into custody, due to appear next on 21 May 2012.
Jac

Post by Jac »

After another court appearence on 7th March James Campbell has again been remanded into custody to appear on the 27th March.He has not yet entered a plea but I will update you when he does..The young member of staff has made a full recovery and has returned to work.which is excellent news.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Woner why not attempted murder.

Guess for manslaughter ( badly named as did not slaughter any man ) will get couple of years/
Jac

Post by Jac »

James Campbell appeared in court today and pleaded Not Guilty on 2 counts of GBH with intent and possessing an offensive weapon....His trial will start on 21st May he remains in custody.

Jac
Jac

Post by Jac »

Im pleased to be able to tell you that James Campbell was today found guilty of 2 counts of GBH with intent and possessing an offensive weapon.
He will be sentenced on 29th june at Woolwich Crown court.
Both the fitness instructor who was stabbed and another gym user who stepped in to assist the first victim will both receive a comendation for bravery in a ceromony to be held at a later date.
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

He should be put away for life, well done to the victim and the helper,it must have been a shocking experience.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Dorian

Post by Dorian »

Annie. wrote:He should be put away for life, well done to the victim and the helper,it must have been a shocking experience.
I agree with you Annie. No doubt he will mitigate with drug addiction, and tough childhood and not enough "hugs" when he was younger ! Self defense, but carrying a blade in a gym, risable.

Best wishes to the two brave victims.
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

This is where the soft luvvies get involved,never mind about the poor people who have to live with this crime,which will affect them, be sure of that.
As you say Dorian,his rights will be carefully looked at.

maestro

Post by maestro »

Like this one for example, she was responsible for her son having a horrible death, yet she escapes jail and obviously feels she has a lot to smile about.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -food.html
Manwithaview1

Post by Manwithaview1 »

I discovered a dope factory in our block on Sydenham Hill Estate earlier this month, capacity for 50 plants :shock:

Sadly L&Q will have to pay thousands to repair and redec the flat before it can be let out.
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

My god,what a bitch! How the hell did she get away with it? Time some judges retired I think.

Jac

Post by Jac »

Im sure the judge in this case is going to hand out a stiff sentence.Taking into account his previous convictions I think it will be a long time before hes back on the street.
He already played the card of "the rough area...wrong crowd" etc...but he'd been given a chance of a fresh start being given a flat in a new area etc and this is what he still did,so i think he lost any sympathy on that one.
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

I am glad to hear that jac.

Eagle

Post by Eagle »

I am sure I will bring down the wrath of the do gooders and lib dems but Life Should Mean Life.

That what we were promised in the late 60's when the bill banning execution went though. This was soon forgotten.
Manwithaview1

Post by Manwithaview1 »

Eagle wrote:I am sure I will bring down the wrath of the do gooders and lib dems but Life Should Mean Life.

That what we were promised in the late 60's when the bill banning execution went though. This was soon forgotten.
Still all the miscarriages of justice like Birmingham Six etc would have resulted in execution didn't happen.
Dorian

Post by Dorian »

Manwithaview1 wrote:Still all the miscarriages of justice like Birmingham Six etc would have resulted in execution didn't happen.
Did Eagle advocate the death penalty ? I am sure sure I read he said" Life should mean life", and the case you quoted were given life but were freed on new evidence, rightly so.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

I do advocate the death penalty for those whose guilt is beyond question.

I was not talking about the death penalty in earlier post but saying that when it was abolished the opposition was told that Life would mean they see out their whole life in prison. Not sure how you can end someone else's life and expect freedom ever.