television, freeview, aerials and recommended engineer

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
couldbeanyone

television, freeview, aerials and recommended engineer

Post by couldbeanyone »

Hi,

Does/did anyone residing along Sydenham Road (mid-lower) have issues recieving freeview.

Are there any aerial installation engineers around here that are recommended?

Thanks.
The Eagle

Re: television, freeview, aerials and recommended engineer

Post by The Eagle »

couldbeanyone wrote:Hi,

Does/did anyone residing along Sydenham Road (mid-lower) have issues recieving freeview.

Are there any aerial installation engineers around here that are recommended?

Thanks.
I live the Lower Part of Westwood Hill (Hall Drive) and I have a perfect picture on all the freeview muxes just using an indoor aerial
reasontobecheerful

Post by reasontobecheerful »

I'm in lower sydenham and it works fine. That is until the scumbag ratboys drive up and down on their mini motos.
sarahc

Post by sarahc »

Hi,

I have problems with Freeview too. I have it in my dining room and in my bedroom and the signal strength is poor. Sometimes I receive pictures and sometimes it's patchy and 'cuts out'. Admittedly, I am only using indoor aerials. We never got round to getting a roof aerial as we have Sky in the living room. I phoned the Freeview bods about this and they say I need to have it connected to a roof aerial to receive a 'proper full strength ' signal.

Talking of freeview and tvs ......... must go.....Corries on!! :wink:

PS - I live in Lower Sydenham.
kster

Post by kster »

I live in mid-lower Sydenham (Girton Road) and have a fine freeview signal. Given that there is a freeview transmitter in CP I'd be surprised if you would have any problems with reception. Because it is a digital signal you will need a proper aerial, but since the reception is good you don’t need to go mad and buy an expensive “digital” aerial (a bog standard external TV one should do the trick).
couldbeanyone

Post by couldbeanyone »

thank you for the information,

i had bought and recieved a new tv, it appears to be broke as a friend's freeview box works fine here.

regards