Traffic mayhem around Park until early December

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
davegr

Post by davegr »

It's nuts. Nuts I tells ya. I have no idea any more.

:roll:
randomv

Post by randomv »

Well I tired of the queue the other night and went over the top of the park to pick up my other half from Crystal Palace. The queue down Anerley Hill was as bad as down CP Park road, but there was nobody turning off into the NSC parking, albeit with the AA Peter Pan sign, so I really don't know what's causing all this traffic.

Last night it took me 15 mins to get from Springfield Road to Anerley Park!!
davegr

Post by davegr »

.....and tonight it's almost like a ghost town. Peter Pan off the hook again.

Strange times. :D
randomv

Post by randomv »

Have the roadworks/water repairs finished? I didn't attempt the journey last night so haven't seen.
Pat Trembath

Post by Pat Trembath »

The 30 November fireworks display to "celebrate" the 70th anniversary of the burning down of the Crystal Palace has now been brought forward to Wednesday 29th November 6 -7pm - when, guess what, there is no evening performance of Peter Pan.

The traffic chaos anticipated if both events occurred on the same evening at the same time does not bear thinking about.

So if Peter Pan is the main contributory cause of traffic jams in the area until early December my advice must be to park and fly
nasaroc

Post by nasaroc »

"Park and fly"! "Peter Pan is "off the hook"!

I think traffic-induced hysteria is setting in and we're all on our way to Neverland!
leaf

Post by leaf »

re the fireworks;

i wonder how many people will be disappointed when they turn up on 30th november??????????? :?
castiron73

Post by castiron73 »

Has anyone seen the show? I'm taking my daughter and two of her friends next weekend and I'm a bit worried it might be scary/overlong for four-year-olds. I'll get the train, having read all this, even though it ups the potential for losing one of them.

Btw while searching for reviews in vain I came across the fact that part of the inspiration for Peter Pan was that as a child JM Barrie was affected by the death of his elder brother - he died in an ice-skating accident. Ironic, huh?