Worrying approach

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
pingu

Worrying approach

Post by pingu »

Hello,

I had a very uncomfortable encounter on Sunday morning walking down Sydenham road towards Sainsburys in a rush to catch a bus, and as I walked I noticed a woman ahead of me crossing the street dodging traffic quite erratically, as she got closer I noticed she had no shoes on walking straight towards me, she then approached me and said she wouldn't rob me, and that she was wanting money for baby formula for her baby. Before I could respond she bellowed at me that she'd also had all her electricity, gas, and water turned off, and then pulled her breasts out at me and said she wanted to prove to me she was a mother and that she had breast milk. At which point I told her put her clothes back on, and to stop it.
My gut feeling was that I didn't trust her story and that I needed to get away from her but she followed me down the street harassing me. I felt bad for her but I felt I was being put in a tough position as i didn't want to give her money as i didn't trust it would go towards any good. She looked in a bad way.
I was a bit shaken up by it, and wanted to ask if any body else has had this experience? and is this a regular occurrence?
Eagle

Re: Worrying approach

Post by Eagle »

What a strange experience.
Looks like she should have used a contraceptive as obviously not fit to be a mother or subject of the Queen.

Sounds like she needs Maudsley Hospital.

Very sorry you had such an encouter
14BradfordRoad

Post by 14BradfordRoad »

Eagle wrote:What a strange experience.
Looks like she should have used a contraceptive as obviously not fit to be a mother or subject of the Queen.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry Eagle but I couldn't stop laughing, this really tickled me for some reason!
Last edited by 14BradfordRoad on 23 Jul 2012 13:26, edited 1 time in total.
SE26bloke

Post by SE26bloke »

Eagle wrote:obviously not fit to be a [...] subject of the Queen.
Yes. Just like the queen's mentally ill cousins. What century do you live in?
pingu

Post by pingu »

I don't think she was mentally ill, I got the impression she was as an addict and wanting the money to score.
CaptainCarCrash

Post by CaptainCarCrash »

Eagle wrote:What a strange experience.

Sounds like she needs Maudsley Hospital.

Very sorry you had such an encouter
Not fit to be a subject of the Queen? I say bring on the republic.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

What I find very strange is no one has yet blamed her action on the bankers. Wake up you liberals.
SE26bloke

Post by SE26bloke »

And I'm surprised after your comment that Godwin's law hasn't been invoked. I was tempted.
CaptainCarCrash

Eagle wrote:What I find very strange is no one has yet blamed her action on the bankers. Wake up you liberals.
She's a victim of a ruthless society, why can't I ever get approached in such a way :(

It's a crying shame that people get wrapped up in the world of junk, why on earth do they ever go near it in the first place?????????

A tragic tale of desperate insanity.
SE26bloke

Post by SE26bloke »

Is Annie ok? It's been 12 minutes and 'I agree Eagle' hasn't been posted yet. :wink:
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

SE26bloke wrote:
Eagle wrote:obviously not fit to be a [...] subject of the Queen.
Yes. Just like the queen's mentally ill cousins. What century do you live in?
I assume this is a reference to Katherine Bowes-Lyon and the late Nerissa Bowes-Lyon. For the record, they are/were not mentally ill,but have/had a severe learning disability.
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

SE26bloke wrote:Is Annie ok? It's been 12 minutes and 'I agree Eagle' hasn't been posted yet. :wink:

Oi you! I heard that!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
DigitalFX

Post by DigitalFX »

This is just Sydenham's regular madness, so don't be worried it's quite normal....
CaptainCarCrash

DigitalFX wrote:This is just Sydenham's regular madness, so don't be worried it's quite normal....
A true reflection of a diverse and varied society.

You haven't lived until you've been accosted by a crack head suffering the symptoms of withdrawal presenting their Babylonians as evidence that the money that have asked for is for a good cause.

It's quite scary really, I'd have done a runner as well tbh.
maestro

Post by maestro »

Well I'd have simply told her that I was on my way to an urgent appointment at the sperm bank and demonstrated reciprocally.
BRIDO

Post by BRIDO »

Guys, this woman is a serious issue!

I have lived in FH for 2 years and just moved to Sydenham. Knowing the area and the people that live here she and her friends stand out a mile.

Having walked over the footbridge over the railway track from Dacres Road and walk down the path next to the track towards FH I have seen this particular woman along with 6 other black woman and a guy numerous timed. I presume the guy is their dealer/pimp and that they meet on that path as it's hidden from view.

As troubling as it is I feel that they are a crew of professional thieves/drug addicts that move around South London looking to obtain money by any means to feed their habit.

On being asked for money I completely blanked the said well dressed woman to which she growled at me like a woman possessed! It's grim to say they are opportunist crack heads! Get the OUT!

Rachael

Post by Rachael »

The local police are aware of this woman and have asked people to let them know if they are approached by her. As far as I remember, they should contact the local safer neighbourhoods team.

Manwithaview1

Post by Manwithaview1 »

pingu wrote:Hello,

I had a very uncomfortable encounter on Sunday morning walking down Sydenham road towards Sainsburys in a rush to catch a bus, and as I walked I noticed a woman ahead of me crossing the street dodging traffic quite erratically, as she got closer I noticed she had no shoes on walking straight towards me, she then approached me and said she wouldn't rob me, and that she was wanting money for baby formula for her baby. Before I could respond she bellowed at me that she'd also had all her electricity, gas, and water turned off, and then pulled her breasts out at me and said she wanted to prove to me she was a mother and that she had breast milk. At which point I told her put her clothes back on, and to stop it.
My gut feeling was that I didn't trust her story and that I needed to get away from her but she followed me down the street harassing me. I felt bad for her but I felt I was being put in a tough position as i didn't want to give her money as i didn't trust it would go towards any good. She looked in a bad way.
I was a bit shaken up by it, and wanted to ask if any body else has had this experience? and is this a regular occurrence?
I met the same lady in Catford a few weeks ago and she said and did the same thing. :(
BRIDO

Post by BRIDO »

Yip, you are describing the very woman but I am sure there is a team of them working the streets around South London looking for either easy opportunity to steal or to rob people.

When I saw her, I looked into her eyes and she is clearly crazed or on something. The poor woman needs help but her mind is on her next fix. End of!

Manwithaview1

Post by Manwithaview1 »

BRIDO wrote:Yip, you are describing the very woman but I am sure there is a team of them working the streets around South London looking for either easy opportunity to steal or to rob people.

When I saw her, I looked into her eyes and she is clearly crazed or on something. The poor woman needs help but her mind is on her next fix. End of!

Exactly. She was desperate for a fix.