Is our nice new pavement a little bit slippy?

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
dickp

Is our nice new pavement a little bit slippy?

Post by dickp »

Recently, during heavy rain, I've begun to wonder if our nice new pavement can be a bit, well, slippy, underfoot - especially on some of the steeper downward slopes. I wasn't even drunk, and I swear I've almost come a cropper a couple of times.

Is it just me, or do other people feel that?

Thankfully, I have my Yaxtrax to put on my shoes when there's ice on the ground (other brands available, but I suggest you get some). But I'm not looking to walking along the high street in the winter, truth be told.
Mr_Sheen

Re: Is our nice new pavement a little bit slippy?

Post by Mr_Sheen »

No it isn't just you. I was all over the place last week on the way to the pub. It wasn't a problem on the way home - being drunk seems to counteract it.
fishcox

Post by fishcox »

I have been thinking the same - and we havent had a cold snap yet.

If they do turn out to be really slippy, the corner of Lawrie Park Road and Westwood Hill will be treacherous.

I hope not though, as they have done such a great job of the work - surely the materials they use are tried and tested for all conditions?
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Worth an email to our tame chap at Riney, I'd have thought, given the consensus here. If they've got the wrong or substandard paving, they'll probably want to know.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
dickp

Post by dickp »

I'm going to see how this thread pans out until lunchtime on Friday. If there seems to be more than a handful of people who share my views, I'll pop down to the offices and have a word with them.

Any similar feedback from other quarters? Councillors? Sydenham Soc peeps?
SAF

Post by SAF »

Just wondering, but will they have to dig it all up again to replace the lamp posts?
angela53

Post by angela53 »

I`ve had no problems with and without high heels in wet and dry weather