Bus stop by Sydenham station/Kirkdale

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Gaz

Bus stop by Sydenham station/Kirkdale

Post by Gaz »

Does anyone have any information on when the bus stop that serves Sydenham Station/Kirkdale (E) will reopen?

I've already complained to TFL* that it currently has a Not in Use hood on it with a sign saying it will be closed from 14 Jan 2013 due to roadworks. However, there are no roadworks going on in the vicinity (any more?) and there is no end-date to the supposed "works" and so we have no idea when we can expect this stop to re-open - not helpful when negotiating the snow and ice on the way home in the evening! :x

Also, why can't they put a temporary stop a little further up the road if this stop really needs to be closed, like they do on the other side of the road by the petrol station?!

Thanks

Gaz
*and have received no reply to date.
Rachael

Re: Bus stop by Sydenham station/Kirkdale

Post by Rachael »

Is it closed because of the temporary lights? Last week, buses stopping at the first stop on Westwood Hill were blocking the flow of traffic away from the roundabout and thus blocking the whole system. I imagine that might be the reason for closing bus stops on the approach to and on roads from the temporary lights. You should have a temporary stop, though.

You could ask Riney, they may know.
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Hi Rachael - I don't think so. As far as I could/can see there is no work going on in that area at the moment and certainly when I've been returning home in the evenings there is very little traffic using Kirkdale.

One of the most frustrating aspects is that there isn't a targetted end date put on the sign. This, coupled with there being no reason why buses cannot currently stop there, really makes it feel like someone has put the "Not in Use" hood on the stop and then forgotten to remove it!
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

There is a LOT of traffic during the day backing up from all approaches to the temporary lights.