Say No To T£sco

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
14BradfordRoad

Re: Say No To T£sco

Post by 14BradfordRoad »

rod taylor wrote: Perhaps some poor people can offer their views.
I'm poor (Well maybe a bit of an exaggeration! :oops: )..

I watched the video and laughed so much that the hunger pains just went away
so I need either more videos to laugh at or a tesco express for some cheap grub! :lol: :lol:
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Tesco Express will be more expensive than standard Tesco. Standard Tesco is more expensive than a Lidl. Tesco is more expensive than Asda. But there isn't much between the main supermarkets in price, they all charge the same mark ups, all have similar running costs and distribution networks.

What is the main difference is how they treat suppliers, how much they charge for ingredients etc.

There are 18 Tesco Express stores within a 3 mile radius of where I live in Lower Sydenham.

The smaller stores are very profitable for Tesco. They offer almost unlimited expansion, expect a few more nearby before too long.
dickp

Post by dickp »

Assuming, of course, you spend the minimum of £20, which is unlikely for convience shopping.

"Spend £20 or more, with at least one branded product in your basket, and we'll work out any difference in the price compared with Asda and Tesco. If the same branded shop could have been bought for less, we'll give you a coupon* for the difference. Below, you can see the Brand Match details on your most recent shop."