sydenham girls school

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
marymck

sydenham girls school

Post by marymck »

Are some of the girls at sydenham girls school a particularly feral lot? Or are they sadly typical and a fair representation of all our local schools? It's my misfortune to frequently be waiting at bus stops with mobs of foul mouthed, aggressive, spitting and littering louts all wearing the sydenham girls uniforms.

It's certainly not typical behaviour of school age girls outside London, I'm happy to say. But these girls are an embarrassment and a blight on our town.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Rachael

Re: sydenham girls school

Post by Rachael »

If the girls are behaving badly at the bus stop, inform the school. My kids' school has teachers driving around checking on behaviour after school at bus stops and in local shops. It may be that the better-behaved girls go home a different way to avoid this ill-mannered minority.

The behaviour you describe is certainly not typical of my daughter and her friends, aged 15, so don't despair.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
sydeman

Post by sydeman »

Definetly inform the school. The headmistress is very interested to know if there are problems and has been known to be very proactive about it. But then saying that, when i was growing up in Canterbury, as a school kid waiting for the bus, i am not sure that we acted any differently. The only thing now is when i notice this sort of thing, i realise i am an old man
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

To be honest I have not noticed much lady like behaviour for years from the young ladies at that school.

Not sure you can blame the school. Fact of life of some in modern society I am afraid.
14BradfordRoad

Post by 14BradfordRoad »

Eagle wrote: Not sure you can blame the school. Fact of life of some in modern society I am afraid.
Yes Eagle society has changed a lot in so many ways. Lack of discipline is noticable to our
generation (a cliche I know) although that's not to say that unsociable behaviour hasn't always existed! It clearly has, I know I wasn't perfect growing up.
I'm sure that the School will be interested as they are (at the end of the day) judged on
the academic success of their pupils, including those misbehaving at the bus stop, hardly
promising is it? :? Teachers recieve a lot of critisism about how well thay do their job but I
often wonder if a lot depends on the student stock you try your best to teach. You really
can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear (Blunt I know, but often the truth). We often hear
how well other countries do in terms of academic success but does this depend on cultural
factors including behavioural expectations. Parents and society do have a large part to play
by example too in my opinion, so not just the School's responsibility.
It's shocking when we observe disgusting anti-social behaviour like this, would like to hope
that this isn't getting too common!
Must admit I'm fast becoming an old git and notice things like this too! :wink: