The best curry takeaway in Britain...

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
maestro

The best curry takeaway in Britain...

Post by maestro »

is apparently right here in Sydenham! Congratulations to them, although I must admit I've never tried one from there, I'm sure to shortly.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/m ... 62733.html

online order service too......

http://www.millenniumtandoori-sydenham.co.uk/
davegr

Re: The best curry takeaway in Britain...

Post by davegr »

.....with Forest Hill and Crystal Palace restaurants coming in 3rd and 4th too. Bloomin' marvellous.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
michael

Post by michael »

Well done to all the winning restaurants, but a very dodgy survey based on customer feedback via one on-line ordering system which is not used by many of the most successful restaurants (such as Babur).
Have a look at the reviews of Millennium Tandoori and you will find that a quarter of the reviews in the top 20 are from a very satisfied "Paolo" in SE23. It is great that this person gets continuous good service, but I don't think that based on that you could justifiably make claims regarding their national status.

[quote=Evening Standard]Against the growing trend for bespoke cuisine in the capital, the good old-fashioned Millennium Tandoori in Sydenham, south London, topped a league table of 11,000 restaurants in the UK.[/quote]
But I would question how many of the 'bespoke cuisine in the capital' restaurants are included in this league.

So well done to the Millennium Tandoori. I'm sure the recognition for providing great food and service is well deserved, my only gripe is with journalism taken straight from the press releases from third-parties promoting their online ordering system and claiming that only their client restaurants could be 'the best'.
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

Well done Michael.