3 Cheers for the Coffeeman at Sydenham Station!

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
JulietP

Re: 3 Cheers for the Coffeeman at Sydenham Station!

Post by JulietP »

I didn't see him either. :-(

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
owlwise

Post by owlwise »

When Rocket Man The Coffee Man's not there the train ride into town is very different. :(

His name is Hedley and he makes a positive difference to my morning with his chirpy demeanour and the coffee he sells. I'm glad that 99.99% of the people on here agree. :)

At least he's being enterprising and is not lazy. He stands there early in the morning, come rain or shine.

Rocket Man The Coffee Man,
Rocket Fuel's His Specialty
Rocket Man The Coffee Man
He Also Sells Cups of Tea!!
:lol: :D :lol: :D
rachey@byne

Post by rachey@byne »

I was so glad to read all the lovely things about the Coffeeman and that other people appreciate him to. He always brings a smile to my face as I'm rushing to the train and I never feel hassled. When I do buy a coffee from him it is always delicious. I don't think I would buy a coffee from the cafe simply because its not something I think of while I'm rushing around. So I love that he is on the platform and I can see from a purely business perspective why he is there.

I haven't seen him for a couple of days and I am worried that I now know why...I just heard on the grapevine that someone threatened to report him to London Underground!

What can we do about this?
fishcox

Post by fishcox »

No need to worry - he was there this morning.

He must have to keep stocking up with coffees - on the other platform - so that's maybe when people miss him
rachey@byne

Post by rachey@byne »

phew!! thanks!
JRobinson

Post by JRobinson »

he was there again this morning, and I hadn't had coffee at home, so I bought on from him.

incidently, I nearly missed out, as I had waited on the southbound platform, in the shade, for the approaching train, before crossing the bridge into the hot sun, so had to grab a coffee quickly as the train pulled in. Does anyone else do this on hot mornings?
cASIOCZ3000

Post by cASIOCZ3000 »

I shouldnt have to walk to the other end of the platform to avoid anything, as someone suggested and it was not me that reported him. I just find it massively irritating to have anything "chirpy" forced on me first thing in the morning.
Checkmate

Post by Checkmate »

While we are bigging up "On The Hoof", i am very pleased to see them opening earlier in the morning. Although their hours say 6-2, I am convinced an opening time of 5.45 will prove profitable..... they capture commuters on two London-bound trains and two Croydon-bound trains in those 15 minutes, and a nice cool juice the other morning was very welcome, as will a nice hot chocolate be on a frosty winter's morning at that time!
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Their new smoothies and juices are really nice (thanks Ela by the way, I know you read this forum!).
GraceBrooks

Post by GraceBrooks »

LOVE HIM and his Monmouth coffees... God send and brightens up my mornings!!!
owlwise

Post by owlwise »

Haven't seen him this week. :-(

Miss my rocket fuel...

Where are you RocketMan?

JulietP

Post by JulietP »

Just got my rocket fuel. :-)

Carlw

Post by Carlw »

Was hoping to see the Coffeeman this week (caffeine is of GREAT NEED to me right now it just so happens) but he's nowhere to be found, at least when I'm commuting in to get the 0814 Overground northbound! Anyone know if this service has been abandoned?
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

Coffeman has gone and left us for a new job - soooooo there appears to be a vacancy - anyone???