3 Cheers for the Coffeeman at Sydenham Station!

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
owlwise

3 Cheers for the Coffeeman at Sydenham Station!

Post by owlwise »

The chirpy man selling Monmouth coffees from a tray on the London-bound platform at Sydenham station is a godsend!

1) He's always cheerful so early in the morning.

2) The coffee he sells tastes better than the ones I've had from anywhere else.

Hip hip Hooray

Hip hip Hooray

Hip hip Hooray

:D :D :D :D
MT4

Re: 3 Cheers for the Coffeeman at Sydenham Station!

Post by MT4 »

Two words.

"Rocket fuel"

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
JulietP

Post by JulietP »

Yay! Rocket fuel man always makes my day. :-)

JRobinson

Post by JRobinson »

"Tequila!" is what he shouts, that he's going to drink in the evening.

the coffe is good, and it's not too hot either.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Is he from On The Hoof?
owlwise

Post by owlwise »

That's the one :D
cASIOCZ3000

Post by cASIOCZ3000 »

You have got to be kidding? I joined this specifically to complain about this annoying moron and I hope he reads this. It is not in the least bit funny, nor is it welcome, to be shouted at from 07:00 Monday to Friday. Isn’t it enough that our entire lives are bombarded with adverts and pushy attempts to get money from us? Now I can’t even walk up the platform without someone hassling me. It is embarrassing and I wish it would stop. If you are reading this: you must be shameless to stand there spouting such drivel day in day out. Please stop – no one is going to spontaneously buy something because of your banter, if anything it is likely to put people off. I have tried making it extremely clear with my facial expressions that I don’t want to hear it but that isn’t apparently obvious.
hairybuddha

Post by hairybuddha »

Probably best for you to avoid the coffee in any case.
G-Man

Post by G-Man »

hairybuddha wrote:Probably best for you to avoid the coffee in any case.
Ha ha, exactly.

I think the coffee man is quite a funny chap, and I'm sure he does sell some coffee through his banter. Better happy than miserable eh cASIOCZ3000?

G-Man
JRobinson

Post by JRobinson »

sometimes I purposefully don't have a coffee at home with breakfast just so that I can buy one from this guy at the platform as his cheery banter makes me smile.

If you're like me, you probably don't spend more than a minute walking past him, and maybe if trains delayed not more than five within earshot of him - are you really suggesting that even this is too much for you to take?

Maybe if you stopped and had a conversation with him, and told him your feelings, than you might realise that he's a nice chap, and also he'd understand what your problem was rather than you just pulling faces at him (which if I were him I'd find extremely rude to be honest).
JulietP

Post by JulietP »

He doesn't hassle. If you don't want to hear him then just walk up the platform a bit.

He cheers me up.

Hannabat

Post by Hannabat »

Have never posted before here but I have joined specifically because I would feel so sad if the coffee man saw the unkind post about him and wanted to balance it out with something nice. I think it's fabulous that we have our own personal coffee man in an age where everything is automated and impersonal. It makes me so happy every morning to hear the friendly cries of the coffee man, making everyone's day brighter. He represents the new sydenham as the local community work so hard to evolve and improve our town. It's little businesses like on the hoof that make sydenham special.

Please don't give him rude looks, that's not a nice thing to do to any person. If you're annoyed then perhaps just go to the other end of the platform where he cant be heard or just learn to smile and enjoy someone being friendly to you!

Coffee man, keep doing what you're doing!

Whiftoff

Post by Whiftoff »

Nice post Hannabat!
JulietP

Post by JulietP »

Agreed, nice post Hannabat.

That's 2 days in a row I haven't seen the coffee man. I really hope he hasn't been put off by 1 unpleasant person. :-(

Moonpig

Post by Moonpig »

Fear not - he was there this morning with his usual cheery banter and a full tray of fresh coffees :D
hairybuddha

Post by hairybuddha »

A rare commute by train this morning and I was disappointed not to see him. When does he normally arrive? Could have done with a coffee too.....
coll

Post by coll »

I haven't gone for a while. If they are reading this I would offer a tiny bit of feedback. I've only ever had a coffee there from two female attendants. One was from the Philippines and made great coffee. I never see her anymore. The other woman, I'm really sorry to say, usually seriously scalds the milk and gives never gives exact measures of coffee -- two shots for a Capp, one shot for a latte. She seems to grind coffee for each order and from what I understand that it the Monmouth preferred way. But, it usually ends up very inconsistent.
:lol: I'm totally sounding like a coffee snob!
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

coll wrote: :lol: I'm totally sounding like a coffee snob!
Or could it just be you're a

[youtubes]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9M6gXIqlfI[/youtubes]
coll

Post by coll »

You know it!!! :D
JRobinson

Post by JRobinson »

I on purpose didn't have coffee at home this morning so that I could get one at the station, from the coffee man, but with train arriving and him not being there I had to miss my morning cafeine hit - it's been a seriously different kind of day... :shock: