Harbour 321 Restaurant NOW OPEN

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Legend502

Harbour 321 Restaurant NOW OPEN

Post by Legend502 »

I went there yesterday they offer lovely food from meze to kebabs and fish and chips.Those in Kirkdale must try! Highly recommended.

[size=80][b][i][ Post made via Mobile Device ][/i][/b][/size] [img]http://sydenham.org.uk/mobile.png[/img]
Maria

Re: Harbour 321 Restaurant NOW OPEN

Post by Maria »

Where is it? I don't suppose it has a little garden has it?
Billie

Post by Billie »

Just drove past Harbour 321 - this looks like a great addition to the highstreet. They have clearly invested in making it look nice. I cannot wait to taste the fish and chips!
mosy

Post by mosy »

There's a thread in the Town Cafe on here.

I'm happy to recommend that people give them a try. They're just over the bridge from Syd Station Approach walking towards Kirkdale.

Also, they sell proper, traditional, fish & chips :)
Maria

Post by Maria »

Thanks Mosy, didn't connect the two threads. Will try it - but we have always been impressed with the one in the main road further down from the Dolphin.
Manwithaview1

Post by Manwithaview1 »

mosy wrote:There's a thread in the Town Cafe on here.

I'm happy to recommend that people give them a try. They're just over the bridge from Syd Station Approach walking towards Kirkdale.

Also, they sell proper, traditional, fish & chips :)
That was the place that was turned into a barbers then failed to open after all the interiors and fittings were done.
mosy

Post by mosy »

The Harbour's frontage is indeed very good although perhaps dull in colour so I wonder how many peeps would walk or drive past it without noticing it? Hopefully it will survive, fingers crossed.
Andwar

Post by Andwar »

We had fish and chips from them last night and I must say it beats both the chippy on Kirkdale and the one by The Dolphin. It was clean and modern inside with places to sit down and eat. The staff were friendly and chatty with the service being prompt and excellent.

The fish was excellent but the chips were a bit soggy, but you always get that from chippys as they never double-fry them.

I will certainly use them again and handy when coming home late from London.

We wish them every sucess in the future.
stuart

Post by stuart »

I went there last night too - for the first time - and was impressed. £5.40 for cod and chips is reasonable these days. The rest of the menu looked reasonable value for money too.

It looked smart inside with an inviting looking sit down area to the rear - whether there is a market between the traditional greasy spoon and a conventional restaurant is difficult to say. All their trade I saw last night was take-a-way. Given they are the nearest chippie they will now have my trade. I would say to others - give them a try. Its obvious they are trying hard and I hope they find success.

Stuart
fishcox

Post by fishcox »

We tried it out too the other night, and it was very good indeed, very fresh, light batter, and better than others I have tried in the area.

Off (local) subject slilghtly - we went to The Crystal Palace Market the other night (on the site of the old Noodle Bar, at the far end of the Parade. I have to say it was the finest meal I have had in the local area - ever. I had a fillet steak, and Mrs Fishcox had a dover sole - both were magnificent.

It's the first of a small chain apparently, with the next one opening in the old Worlds End pub in Chelsea.

Not cheap (but not ridiculously expensive either) - I honest cant recommend it highly enough. They go to great lengths to employ local people, and utilise local product whenver possible.

If you have an event where you fancy 'pushing the boat out' you wont be disappointed.
southernmoose

Post by southernmoose »

We went for a 'sit down' meal at the Harbour tonight, and would definitely recommend it. Service was good, and the food was fresh and tasty. Plus they were playing tunes that you can croon along to ;)
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

Thumbs up from me and mine for Harbour 321 as well :)
Wing

Post by Wing »

I couldn't find the address of this restaurant. Where exactly is this place ?
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

321 Kirkdale. It's maybe a bit pretentious to call it a restaurant - it's mainly a good new chippy, although the seating area at the back, which is up some steps, allows it to work as both a take away and a place to go out to.
Wing

Post by Wing »

Thanks for the info. Guess what ? When I googled Harbour 321 Sydenham I got Foursquare which pointed me to somewhere off Mayow Road, behind the SG Smith garage.
Legend502

Post by Legend502 »

The Fish & Chips / Charcoal restaurant now have a new website called http://www.harbour321.co.uk which looks very nice.
DanW

Post by DanW »

They get a thumbs up from me too, popular with my family and anyone else we've recommended. Quality reminds me of award-winning Kentman's Fish & Chips which was on Kirkdale many years ago - friends used to drive from Bromley to collect they were that good.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

I am a devotee of Tasty Fish And Chips in Newlands Park but I think harbour 321 have done a fantastic job in making the place look so good - real investment I think . They also seem to be really nice people , always friendly .
I would say on balance I prefer the Tasty in Newlands but agree really good addition to the high street and I think they are more than capable of being a really nice meze type eatery .
A very good afternoon
Nigel
robbieduncan

Post by robbieduncan »

Skin on or skin off the fish? Curry sauce? Gravy?
DanW

Post by DanW »

Robbieduncan, skin off the fish, not sure about the gravy and sauce