Sydenham improvement works

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Whiftoff

Re: Sydenham improvement works

Post by Whiftoff »

its shame your advice wasn't taken on board Lee.

Really like this one;

http://www.esi.info/detail.cfm/Streetli ... ILE-114147_

Do you think its worth pushing to get a better offering further down the high street (assuming funding is found for development down to Bell Green)

What about the area outside home park?
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

Not built for support

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

A bridge too far, Rod?
blakewho

Post by blakewho »

Looks like something from Manhattan. Or should that be Mansatton?
Toots

Post by Toots »

As will the metal ones that exist. They could have been treated to be resistant to graffiti. Vision is all I ask for!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
mosy

Post by mosy »

Well if the metal seats where one has to sit for hours in Lewisham A&E is anything to go by, comfort is not a priority. Zero cleaning and zero nickability - or "file and forget". Odd though considering how many £s must have been spent on redesign fees, i.e. spoil a ship for a ha'peth of tar.
sydenhamboy

Post by sydenhamboy »

Those 'leaf' lights look good, no?

think the pedestrian areas are looking great with the trees and new lights. Just don't sit down on the 'iron' park bench on a frosty day - they'll take your arse off!

Like sticking your tongue in a freezer …
mosy

Post by mosy »

And I see the seats have a strategically placed, potentially smelly, wasp attracting, litter bin immediately behind, at least the Venner Road pocket does. That should keep people off the seat in summer too! Job done - a seat no-one wants to sit on :lol:

Good news about the lights and that might/should also mean (<- guessing) that the electrical connections for "feeds" for stalls to utilise are also operative. We is getting there :)
Steveofsyd

Post by Steveofsyd »

Anyone else noticed how awful the pavements are looking with oil stains etc
Round bus stops, bins, lamp posts.
It's particularly awful opposite Venner Sq.
Any chance they can get one if those little cleaning trucks to go up and down one night or a few guys with a jet wash? Is that too much to ask?
Pally

Post by Pally »

Steveofsyd wrote:Anyone else noticed how awful the pavements are looking with oil stains etc
Any chance they can get one if those little cleaning trucks to go up and down one night or a few guys with a jet wash? Is that too much to ask?
I agree! I noticed to awful stains and blobs that look like chewing gum! One of the causes I think is businesses dumping bags of rubbish around full bins; the bags then leak grease/food etc! Must be a way to get it cleaned ...not sure if jet wash would do it?
biscuitman1978

Sydenham improvement works

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Steveofsyd wrote:Anyone else noticed how awful the pavements are looking with oil stains etc
I'm not sure whether there are surplus funds in the Council's street cleaning budget that would allow for this, though I suspect not. Perhaps one of our councillors could advise.

That said, I believe that in past years funding was secured from the Sydenham Assembly for jet washing. If people are keen to see jet washing reinstated then it would be worth going along to future Assembly meetings and making the case for it.
KEVD

Post by KEVD »

Below superdrug on the way to Mayow road looks bad. It may well be some of the retailers that are not helping.
Steveofsyd

Post by Steveofsyd »

Maybe fines imposed on the businesses that are dumping would pay for it. Also some councils now have spot fines for spitting, gum etc.