Baron Johann Knoop

The History of Sydenham from Cippenham to present day. Links to photos especially welcome!
Aard

Baron Johann Knoop

Post by Aard »

I am posting this topic hoping to find some help. The last years I have done some research about Baron Johann Knoop who lived from about 1870 up to 1900 in a House called St. Magnus at the crossroad Dacres road-Mayow road in Sydenham. I think he was a member of the German church in Dacres road. I would be happy to receive any kind of information regarding Baron Johann Knoop.
Michael Viner

Re: Baron Johann Knoop

Post by Michael Viner »

ImageSt Magnus by Michael Viner, on Flickr

Aard-Here's a very rare photo of St.Magnus-the only one that seems to have been found so far-kindly lent by John Seaman .It's a postcard sent in 1909 by then resident Dorothy Koenig to another fairly local German ex-pat - a Miss Vantrappen-in Beckenham. As you say,it was near the corner of Dacres Rd./Mayow Rd. It was demolished in 1954 and the new Forest Hill School for boys controversially(in Dacres Rd. at least) was built on the site,to the equal dismay of a few local boys.
Aard

Re: Baron Johann Knoop

Post by Aard »

Dear Michel Viner,

Sorry for the late reply, I didn´t look at the Sydenham Town Forum for some time.
I would like to thank you so much for the Picture.
It is a great help.
Once more Thank you
Aard