Sydenham Film Festival

The History of Sydenham from Cippenham to present day. Links to photos especially welcome!
SaraHH

Sydenham Film Festival

Post by SaraHH »

Hi everyone,

I'm very new to this forum and wanted to pose this interesting topic to you all and get your feedback or support.

I'm in the process of starting Sydenham's very own free film festival. I would like to hold these events at local Parks, museums and if I could have it my way, it would hold it at one of the several mansions Sydenham has to offer. I've been on the national trust website but nothing really comes up for Sydenham.

My history knowledge of Sydenham is very sketchy so if any of you have any information of interesting and unique places, please let me know.

This would be good for the community, as we have no cinemas, no museums ect.. this would be a place for people to come together.

I look forward to your responses.

Thanks,
Sarah
andeenic

Re: Sydenham Film Festival

Post by andeenic »

Hi Sarah
Your message was brought to my attention by someone from the Sydenham Arts team. I am one of the members of the Sydenham Film Club which has been in existence for about 4-5 years now and meet monthly for screenings - historically in the Golden Lion pub, but we have also done anything ranging from Monsoon Wedding in a curry house to a family screening of Lady and The Tramp in Trattoria Raffaele
http://www.sydenhamfilmclub.org
We are currently undergoing a reshuffle of staff and are looking for new board members. Please do get in touch if this is of interest to you as it sounds as though you have some great ideas.
Hope to hear from you soon,
Cheers
Andy
Sarahuss

Re: Sydenham Film Festival

Post by Sarahuss »

Hi Andy,

I've just been in touch Berry (who I believe is leaving) about joining forces.
If you haven't recruited yet, I am very interested. I'm coming along to your screening on 24th September and we can discuss more then but in the meantime, do you have a direct email address?

Hope to hear from you.

Best,
Sarah