Burials

The History of Sydenham from Cippenham to present day. Links to photos especially welcome!
noelenecummins

Burials

Post by noelenecummins »

Hi. Can anyone tell me where Susannah Woodfine, died Sydenham 1854, be buried please? If she has a headstone it might just help me place her in the correct place on my tree!
Many thanks. Noelene
FergussonFamily

Re: Burials

Post by FergussonFamily »

To make the question a little broader (and then maybe Noelene might then find an answer) are there any published books of Memorial Inscriptions for local cemeteries? Or churchyards and war memorials? Possibly published by a local Family History Society or maybe privately by individuals? Does Lewisham Library hold anything like that?
marymck

Post by marymck »

The National Burials Index may tell us where Susannah was actually interred. (Though it's a work in progress and hence incomplete.) There are various sources for searching this, but I think most of them charge.

I am hoping to go to the Family History Show next week. So I'll take the details of Nolene's ancestor along and see if I can blag a free look up.

Nolene: if you have any more details you can post, it may help. Please feel free to PM if you don't want to put them on the internet.
noelenecummins

Post by noelenecummins »

Thank you Mary. Susannah Woodfine died in December 1854. Her husband (I think) also died in that quarter, but before her as she is 'widow of Thomas Squires Woodfine' Former Coachman. What I need to find out if he was the Squire Woodfine who died in the asylum at Barming Heath, 'formerly of Beckenham'.
Any help would be very much appreciated as I am in Spain and cannot get to records.
Many thanks again. Noelene
The Glums

Post by The Glums »

Hello, we are new on here and found this site during research.

We are researching (THOMAS?) SQUIRE WOODFINE (married SUSANNAH BROWN) notable his descendants through their son HENRY WILLIAM WOODFINE b1818, m Harriet Goodrich 1851. then CHARLES GEORGE WOODFINE b1863 m Mary Ann Ruth Simmonds 1887.
If there are any other descendants out there, it would be good to make contact to establish other links. There may be a subsequent link to Port Sunlight in Liverpool.

Thanks. Martin.