The Haven 42 crystal palace park road

The History of Sydenham from Cippenham to present day. Links to photos especially welcome!
SallyR

Re: The Haven 42 crystal palace park road

Post by SallyR »

I would love to see them, my sister is Sue, it could be us
Sally x
SallyR

Post by SallyR »

I have no idea how you see any photos on this site, can someone please tell me !
3 sisters has put some in here, and I can't see any
Also how do you load a photo on here, it's an unusual system this site.
Sally x
3_Sisters

Post by 3_Sisters »

It's odd Sally - the one I posted of Adji Searle has vanished. I think they might have taken ones with people in them off the site. I've asked the moderator for this topic how you load photos. Alternatively, you could presumably send me a private mail with your private email address and I could send from mine. But if does mean that not everyone sees them - but you would. Marion
SallyR

Post by SallyR »

Hi Marion,
I will send you a private message
Sally x
marygarce84

Post by marygarce84 »

Thanks for share such kind of informative article that helps a lot . i also wrote some articles on Interior Design you can check at http://www.sbid.org
Thanks Again
Tracey8911

Post by Tracey8911 »

Hi my name is Tracey. I was in the Haven children’s home from 1978 till 1981. I remember going to the blue Peter studio, and the playrooms along with the kitchens downstairs.
Does anyone remember me

Xx
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Hi everyone my name is Mandy I was in the haven in 1981 not sure how long I was there but I remember breaking my leg and was unable to go to the blue peter studios. I had two major accidents there the other I set my back alight. I remember a captain pager a Tresa and Gillian I would have been 16 years off age am I the Mandy some remember
William88

Post by William88 »

I have around 150 photographs of Crystal Palace Park Road from the 60s/70s! I realize I are very brave the structures nearby and perhaps over the street; worth posting up? A great deal of structures in the photographs are as yet standing, however some might be changed or obliterated at this point. Truth be told, the gathering of photographs may incorporate each working in the entire street around then, however I have to do some over a significant time span examination.
Julieprice

Post by Julieprice »

Hello, my name is Julie. I am 58 years old. I stayed at The Haven when I was around 8 years old with my sister Maria age around 6 years old. I would love to know about anyone who lived there when we did. My memories of my childhood and the haven was very vivid. I remember we put a show on for the London Paladium., using scarves and cymbals. I played the Chrismas stocking. I remember having the best ever stews on saturday, the dumplings were huge. I remember the shoe cupboard when we needed new shoes. The long drive, as we cried our eyes out watching mum and dad leaving us. It would be nice to hear from anyone from that time.
Joyce21

Post by Joyce21 »

Hi, i am Joyce and have just discovered this site and would love to hear from anyone who was at the haven between 1948 and 1963.
Best wishes, Joyce
norab267

Post by norab267 »

Hi

I am looking for anyone who was a resident at the Haven around the 1990s. I met a girl called Charlotte with a brother called Mark and alot more people when I went on holiday. I lost touch with them all. Would love to see how they are doing
danni.carr

Post by danni.carr »

Hi my names Danielle Carr. I was at the Haven in 1996. I had 2 btothers and 2 sisters (Vicky and Donna and Andrew and Russell) i was 3 years old when i moved there. I remember an Alan who lived there also and a Ricky and Roxanne who were twins.

And of course i remember Flur the cat.

Kind regards
Danielle
Amanda73

Post by Amanda73 »

:D hi I'm Mandy (Amanda) I was there 1973 to 1981 , this is crazy bringing back forgotten memories , good and bad , I remember a brother n sister I think their last name was Lincoln , I remember a Teresa . A few of the named staff I remember , definitely the Scottish bloke that use to make us line up . I remember the dog Sasha , I think there was a playroom with a big bird bugby or something like that . I use to have many photos in my lifebook sadly they got lost along the way . This is crazy though hearing people talk about a place from that many years ago xx
JulesCarreira

Post by JulesCarreira »

norab267 wrote: 8 Apr 2020 18:51 Hi

I am looking for anyone who was a resident at the Haven around the 1990s. I met a girl called Charlotte with a brother called Mark and alot more people when I went on holiday. I lost touch with them all. Would love to see how they are doing

Hi
Which unit were you in? I was in red unit with 2 of my brothers Bel and Dieu we were there between 1991-1993

Thanks
Jules
norab267

Post by norab267 »

Hi

I wasn't a resident.I met them on holiday 2 years running and kept in contact for so long but then lost contact. Do you remember them?
norab267

Post by norab267 »

JulesCarreira wrote: 2 Nov 2020 14:32
norab267 wrote: 8 Apr 2020 18:51 Hi

Hi
Which unit were you in? I was in red unit with 2 of my brothers Bel and Dieu we were there between 1991-1993

Thanks
Jules
[/quote

Hi I wasn't a resident.I met them on holiday 2 years running and kept in contact for so long but then lost contact. Do you remember them?
lousamosa

Post by lousamosa »

Hi, I’d be really grateful if anyone on this forum was able to share some information (or better still any pics) of 92 Crystal Palace Park Rd! The original building must have been knocked down years ago as it’s now flats (and I now live in one of the flats). I’m on the opposite side of the road to the park and I’m fascinated with the houses and the history of this amazing street.

X
Debbiread

Post by Debbiread »

Hi, I am new to the site, having been born in Sydenham in 1956. I have been led to believe that at some point my grandfather put us ( my sister/s and I) into a childrens home sometime between 1956 and 1961 (We moved to grove park in 61) I am also aware of another childrens home somewhere in the area called 'miss sharmans home'.... are these two one and the same?? Also does anyone have any idea where I could get records. thankyou.
Michael Viner

Post by Michael Viner »

Dear Debbie- The Haven and The Sharman Children's Home,run by Miss Sharman, were two different homes;The Sharman Children's Home was at the bottom of Venner Rd. near Penge East Station -at number 173 .In the 1940's and 1950's it was home to mainly Jewish refugee children,many sadly orphaned.It was demolished in the 1970's-I don't know if the records were saved. It is now the Kingdom Hall Of Jehovah's Witnesses.
Hope this of some help/interest
Sarah Lincoln

Post by Sarah Lincoln »

Tracey8911 wrote: 11 Nov 2017 18:36 Hi my name is Tracey. I was in the Haven children’s home from 1978 till 1981. I remember going to the blue Peter studio, and the playrooms along with the kitchens downstairs.
Does anyone remember me

Xx
Hi Tracy.

I am Sarah Lincoln and sitting here with my sister Lizzie (Lincoln)
Lizzie remembers you... I was 5 in 1980, Lizzie would have been 10.
I have the photo of the Blue Peter trip, will see if I can upload it for you 😊

How are you these days?